Chapter 3

I tried to go to sleep, but I just couldn't. The situation was much too awkward. I should have drank the sleeping medication I packed! My heart's racing so fast I was positive this man could feel it!

"Why aren't you asleep?" the barbarian asked.

"I didn't think this situation would be so nerve-racking..." I admitted.

"Guess you're not sleeping tonight."

"Bakugo! Humans need sleep!" Kirishima cried.

I explained, "Human children need sleep. If they don't get ten hours of sleep they get tired and aren't at their best. A grown adult human can make it throughout the day with only four hours of rest. I haven't slept the night before so I'm tired, but I can't seem to fall asleep..."

"Should I knock you out?" the man suggests. His suggestion made me even more worried because his expression didn't change as he held up his hand.

"No, no, no. That won't be necessary..." I nervously laughed and waved my hands as I looked up at him. He was dead serious, and that scared me.

I couldn't see him very well, but I saw his hair moving because of the wind. His eyes were very noticeable too. If I saw his eyes in a dark cave I would assume they belonged to a predator and rush in the other direction. If it wasn't for his personality and frightening eyes, I would think that he was handsome under the moonlight.

"I'll try to sleep now!" I said. I moved abruptly, and this startled him.

I was soooo taking a sleeping medicine the rest of the nights in the sky! No way was I going to be able to function properly without sleep! I don't want to pass out at the worst time possible either! Imagine falling asleep while trying to make medicine! Ugh, I might burn my entire face off!

I feel someone go through my bag. I open my eyes and see the barbarian's hand rummaging through it.

"What are you doing?" I asked.

"Don't you have a blanket in here?" he asked. I nodded. "Why don't you use it?"

"You stained it!" I complained.

He glared at me harshly, and it made me shut right up. I silently grabbed my blanket from my bag and wrapped it around me. It was large but thin. I had to fold it in half one way and hug it. It was hard to keep it from flying away, and I was afraid it would while I slept. This guy wouldn't care in the slightest, and Kirishima wouldn't notice.

I decided to tuck a bit of the blanket into my skirt, so it might not be as easy to fly away. I wasn't as nervous as before. Not much warmth was being kept in since the blanket flew around a lot in the back, but it was still nicer than being without a cover.

Thankfully I started to fall asleep.

---

Bakugo's POV

"Ƴ/Ɲ, ƳƠƲ ƛƧԼЄЄƤ ƳЄƬ?" ƘƖƦƖƧӇƖMƛ ƇƛԼԼЄƊ ƠƲƬ. ƖƬ ƜƛƧƝ'Ƭ ƛ ƧӇƠƲƬ ƬӇƛƝƘƑƲԼԼƳ.

"ƧӇЄ'Ƨ ƛƧԼЄЄƤ."

"ƓƠƠƊ. ƧӇЄ ƝЄЄƊƧ ƦЄƧƬ..."

Ɩ ƁЄƓƛƝ ƬƠ ƧԼƠƜԼƳ MƠƔЄ ƛƝƊ ƧӇЄ ƜƠƘЄ ƲƤ ƖƝ ƛƝ ƖƝƧƬƛƝƬ ƜƖƬӇ ƛ ԼƠƲƊ ƛƝƊ ƬЄƦƦƖƑƖЄƊ ƓƛƧƤ. ƧӇЄ ƊƖƊƝ'Ƭ ƧЄЄM ƬƠ ƁЄ ӇƛƔƖƝƓ ƛ ƝƖƓӇƬMƛƦЄ, ƧƠ ƧӇЄ ƜƛƧ ƑƦƖƓӇƬЄƝЄƊ ƁƳ MƳ MƠƔЄMЄƝƬ. ƧӇЄ ԼƠƠƘЄƊ ƛƬ MЄ ƛƝƊ ƓƠƬ ЄƔЄƝ MƠƦЄ ƧƇƛƦЄƊ. Ɩ ƜƛƧ ƇƠƝƑƲƧЄƊ.