Chapter 26

Art by TomTC on DeviantArt

Bakugo's POV

She stared at me and the broken door on the floor. She brought the baby closer and covered its face. She slowly rose up, I was still wary of the possibility of her being an illusion. Her e/c eyes were glassy from the tears forming.

Lowering her head, she begged for her life. "Please... Don't hurt me..." My heart throbbed and before I knew it, I instinctively released my sword and reached out for her.

"I could never hurt you," I said as I wrapped my arms around her. I could hear sniffles and how her breath hitched. Her fingertips trembled as he returned a one-handed hug as the baby in her arms wept.

I forgot what I was going to say. I had rehearsed so many times what I was going to say to her when we reunited. That damn poet drove me mad. But it's alright... she didn't fall for me because of any honey words, I was the opposite. Being romantic isn't my style.

"You're back... Why are you back?"

"To rescue your dumbass..." I said inhaling her scent. Her scent had slightly changed, but it was still hers.

"Hic... You... you really... sniff... did come to rescue me..."

"Of course, I did, you idiot... I couldn't just leave you here...I'm so sorry it took so long... I'm sorry I left you alone for so long..."

The baby screamed even louder and I backed away. "Why are you taking care of a baby?" I asked.

She smiled as tears flowed down. "It's yours, Bakugo." I froze and glanced back down at the baby.

"It's mine?"

She nodded and sheepishly laughed as lifted the baby. I reached out and touched the baby's head. Upon contact, I could feel it. The proof. Both our magic was encapsulated inside of our child.

"Bakugo?" She whispered. She put her hand on my cheek and I noticed I was crying.

My lips trembled and I sobbed in her arms. "Damn it... Why the hell did you agree to that damned deal...? Damn it..."

She allowed me to cry into her neck and shoulder as she rubbed my back. "I'm sorry... I didn't want you to get hurt over me... I'm just a useless witch, so I decided to sacrifice myself again-"

I interrupted her and pulled away from the hug and grabbed her by her shoulders causing more of her hair to come out from behind her ears. "That wasn't for you to decide. And say you are useless one more time, I dare you."

She smiled but still argued. "You couldn't take my family on your own, Bakugo..."

"That's why I brought an army. Everyone is here to save you. Come on." I tugged her arm to get her to follow me.

"Ah, wait!" She raised her arms and introduced her son. "This is Keisuke, Keisuke this is your dad!" She smiled. She held him out for me to hold him. I looked back and forth between her.

I touched the necklaces and clenched them, wanting to break them, but he knew what would happen if he broke them. They were restricting his son's pain.

"I'll make him new necklaces myself when we go back home." I brushed my calloused fingers across my son's soft cheeks. "Isander."

"Isander?"

"Keisuke Isander Bakugo. That will be his name."

Her eyes widened as she covered her mouth. She sobbed again and I tried my best to comfort her. "I believed her. I believed what she told me. I thought you wouldn't come back for me. I thought you wouldn't accept our child... I was prepared to raise him on my own-"