Chapter 10

(‼️Violation and nonconsensual acts. Reader's discretion is advised. I will mark where it is and make it in italics and where you can skip to. I won't make it a big part of this chapter. But things that happen quickly can still have the biggest impacts on people.‼️)

We soon started to see guards begin to roam around. They often stopped us to check what we had in our wagon, but it was just me in the back and I waved at them each time. They let us go and we continue.

"They're checking to make sure we're not doing anything illegal. Or to make sure you're not being kidnapped."

"Do people get kidnapped often?"

Bakugo answered. "There's also a black market somewhere here, but no one can find it. You have to be specifically invited, and even if you are they blindfold you so you can't give out the information even if you desperately wanted to."

"You didn't completely answer her question," Kirishima said. He flashed me a smile before turning back around and adding, "The black market is just as rumored. They sell expensive, rare, unique, and mostly illegal goods. Usually, you see people or rare species being auctioned there."

"How do you know this?" I asked.

"Remember when Bakugo told you we were kidnapped by treasure hunters?"

"You were taken here?" I gasped.

They nodded. "Yeah..."

I saw Bakugo clench his fist very tightly. I got up and placed my hand on it. He whipped his head to me. "It's over, so don't hurt yourself." He turned his head over so I couldn't see his expression. I removed my hand and he turned back to face me.

I saw a medical shop and I shook Kirishima by his shoulders. "Hey, hey! What is it?"

"Can we stop just for a few minutes? I want to restock on some medical supplies!"

He sighed and nodded. He stopped the horses. "Alright. The wagon drop-off is close by, so you stay here no matter what and wait for us." I nodded. I've already been too much of a burden for them, so I'll do as they say.

"Gotcha! Was starting to get low! I'll be waiting in the front of the store!"

I hopped off the back of the wagon with my bag in hand and made my way through the doors of the store. A young man was behind the counter and he smiled at me.

"Hello, do you need anything specific?"

"Yeah, I need a lot. Bandages, cotton balls, rags, oh, and if you have any syringes, bandanas, honey, aloe gel, then some thick rope!"

"Oh I can find everything, but for the syringes, you need a medical license." I sighed.

"Leave out the syringes then. It's fine."

"Alright, I'll get everything set and then ring them up." I nodded. I began to look through the shelves of the store looking to see if there was anything else I might need.

He gave me the price and I barely had enough money. I sighed and put everything in my bag. At this rate, I was going to need a bigger bag and stronger shoulders.

I thanked the man and walked back out onto the street. I gazed up at the sky and the sun was to the east of me. In a couple of hours, it will be nighttime.

I looked around and waited for my friends to come back. Not sure when they're coming back but I'm sure they will. I'm pretty sure the wagon station is more up ahead, and I want to try to meet them up there I don't want to be a bother if something happens to me...