Chapter 21

Cosplay by SteffVonTweetz

I didn't want to wake up today. I just wanted to lay in bed all day and sleep for the rest of my life. I don't have anything to look forward to. What awaits me out of bed is misery and pain. I don't want to face it. I'm scared to. The future always scared me. Not knowing what would happen, good or bad, I hated the anticipation yet I hated the mystery.

Just get over it now. It's pointless. At least you can save a great person by doing this. You dragged innocents into your problems. Time to make things right. For Bakugo's mom, I have to finish my mission.

I slowly get up, feeling the blanket slide down my arm to my lap. I was still naked. I didn't want to forget last night, but I have to. I slid out of bed and felt my knees buckle. I hit the ground hard and rubbed my legs from the pain. I used the bed to stand up. My legs were wobbly and unstable. It took so much effort to just get back up on the bed. I've never felt so useless in my life.

"Y/n? You okay?" Kirishima asked.

"Yeah, got up too quickly..." I pushed myself back on the bed and saw a white liquid run down my thighs. I was mortified. I can't just leave this! I need my bag.

"Okay, so when are we leaving?" He asked.

"As soon as I get dressed!" I shouted, now looking around for my bag. He said okay and left. Found it all the way across the room and I couldn't help but laugh in disbelief. I crawled to the edge of the bed and slowly crept down the bed to the table. Grabbing my bag I searched around for one of my black rags. I used one to clean myself up. It was embarrassing.

I didn't know where to put the rag. Panicked, I opened the window and threw it outside. I clasped my hands together and bowed. Please let the wind carry it out to sea! Please don't let anyone see it!

After my pitiful prayer, I got dressed. My body was entirely sore. I wasn't sure how I would make it through the day. I'll just have to endure. I'm positive I won't, but I'll sure as hell give up trying later!

I'll just blame it on a hangover.

I was definitely wearing my boots today.

After a painful struggle, I was fully dressed, just not fully prepared to tackle the day. For weeks I knew this day would come, but I still don't believe it. It was surreal.

I took a deep breath as I put my backpack on. My body trembled as I fought with all my strength to stay up.

Shouting abruptly started me and I rushed out of the room.

At the front door were Kirishima and a villager. When our eyes met the man outside smiled and bowed. He said, "I'm sorry, Miss Witch if I have disrupted your rest."

I glared at him and showed him the abhor I held for him as I walked up to the door. He lowered his head even lower as I was greeted by the chilly winds of the island. I didn't say anything for a few seconds, I only showed off my superiority. He looked up and when he did I creased my forehead furrowing my brows. He looked back down. The people were raised to usually never speak to a witch unless it is important, if not then you wait until spoken to, and you could not leave unless dismissed or until after the witches leave.

"Who are you to yell at my guests and disrupt my morning tea?" I asked.

"I-I'm sorry, miss!" he squeaked.

"What are you doing here?" I asked as I crossed my arms.

"T-this man..." he tilts his head to Kiri but doesn't look at him, just keeps his eyes focused on his damp leather shoes. "H-he ignored my daughter... She came home crying after the festival."