Chapter 6

Art by senowo on Twitter

We all finally made it to the waterfall. I, and with a bit of help from Kirishima's complaining, managed to get the prince curious enough to taste the sour fruit. He furiously spat out a lot of salivae but it didn't seem to help rid the horrid taste as he stuck out his tongue in disgust.

"ƲƓӇ! ƬӇƛƬ ƬƛƧƬЄƧ ƧƠ ƧƬƦƠƝƓ!" he shouted.

Kirishima nodded in agreement as he grinned from ear to ear. "Ɩ ƘƝƠƜ ƦƖƓӇƬ!" He said. Using context clues, I assumed they were talking about the fruit. I smiled mischievously at the prince as he glowered at me. I crouched down beside the lake and reached out into the water. I scooped up water in my hands and just as I brought the water to my lips Kirishima grabbed my wrist and shock some of the water out of my hands. "Hey, you don't know if it's filtered! You need to boil it first!" Kirishima shouted.

I moped about the spilled water for a second, but I sighed and let the rest drop back into the small lake as I rose to my feet. "You don't have to worry about that. It runs from the floating island." I pointed up and they both followed my finger.

An island of dark and moist soil held firm in place above the waterfall. The island looked like an upside-down mountain of soil instead of rock. The island wasn't connected to anything and the water from the waterfall flowed freely down from it. Grasses and vines were growing and hanging from the island. Not even a pebble fell from the bottom of the island. You couldn't see the top of the island, yet you can tell that there's an abundance of life up at the top. Under the vines and atop some grasses, were flowers of many shades. Most of the flowers were soft and gentle colors, however, there were some deep purples, blues, and cherry-colored roses.

The prince walked up behind us and asked, "Without a way to fly up, could you get up there?"

I wriggled my lips as I contemplated. "Without magic, if there was, I haven't heard of it. It looks impossible... The vines aren't strong enough to carry a person."

"Better be thankful to me that we can fly up. Should we go up now?" Kirishima asked as he pushed himself off his knees.

I glanced at the prince. His eyes were a lot smaller than usual, and I could tell he was trying to settle down his trembling hands and wobbling legs. "Want to take a break? I think his highness is still shaken up," I suggested. Kirishima looked at the prince who had now composed himself. He seemed confused.

The prince clenched his fists and gave me another one of his famous glares. "I'm fine."

I knew better than to feign ignorance. "At least wash your face, you're all covered in sweat. Take a minute to yourself. Kirishima needs to wash his wounds anyway."

Kirishima took off his boots and rolled up his pants. I rummaged around for bandages and a bottle of some healing cream. His boots and clothes took most of the damage so his legs should be fine, but his arms were scratched and chewed into.

I grabbed my diary and began scribbling down a whole three pages of notes while Bakugo helped Kirishima with the cream and bandages. Since they both know a lot about combat I expected them to know basic first aid, or at least how to properly dress a wound. I looked up from my book and saw the barbarian prince above me.

"What were you writing down?" He asked me.

"I was writing down how to make the potion to cure your mother. Just in case something happens to me at any time you still at least have a guide of what to do."

"Can we read it?" Kirishima asked. I nodded and handed it to him as I stood up.

"Be my guest." I smiled. Kirishima nodded as the barbarian softly took my dairy away from him and started looking through it. "Oh, I'd appreciate it if you'd only look through those three pages! It's personal, you see... You can only look through them if I die!"