Chapter 12

Art by mkm (mkm_storage) on Twitter

We walked back out of the prison and walked back to the village. The sun was warm and now that the texture of the ground changed I was reminded again I didn't have shoes. I clutched the brown skirt I had on and tried to lower it to cover my feet. I had felt a bit of breeze before but now I knew for sure this sock had a hole on the side.

"Let's go get you some boots."

I looked up at Kirishima who only looked down at my feet. I tried to hide my feet from his view and averted his attention away from them. "Oh, I'll be fine! We'll be in a wagon the rest of the way anyway!"

Bakugo huffed. "We were supposed to be on dragon back the whole ride, but look at how that ended up."

Kirishima nodded. "Bakugo's right."

"Damn right I always am!"

"Plans might change and we might have to go walking. Sero and Jiro mentioned that they were kidnapped by bandits and went off course."

"As if I would go down without a fight! We'll be alright!"

Kirishima glared at Bakugo. "I'm trying to convince her to let us buy her shoes! Are you with me or against me?!"

"..." With no remark left he grumbled and turned away with his arms folded across his chest.

"You don't have to... I'm sure you don't have much money anyway..."

"Don't worry about that! Come on! Let's get you some comfortable traveling boots!"

He grabbed my hand and started to run. "Oi! Bastard! Do you even know where you're going?!"

"I'm sure we'll find something!" He chuckled. "Let's see if we can outrun the prince!"

I whipped my head to him. "No way you think we actually can! His arms never tire, his legs must be the same!" Kirishima chuckled as I looked back in horror. Bakugo was starting to shout and come after us at top speed. I let out a cry and started running faster.

"Get your asses back here!"

"I have no clue why I'm running when I didn't do anything! I'm innocent here! Kirishimaaaa I swear to the goddesses!!!!"

"Oh come on! This is fun!"

"I'm in socks and we have an angry sprinting volcano on our tails! We're goners! Goners, I tell you! Why am I still running?! KIRISHIMA!"

Kirishima continued to laugh as I reluctantly followed behind him with the prince hot on our tails. My stomps were getting harder and my heels and the balls of my feet began to ache. A stepped one some rocks at some point and was forced to stop. Kirishima had to yank me back because I couldn't stop myself on my own. He grinned and put his hands on his hips.

"And here we are!" I was huffing and panting mess and this guy was all proud of himself. My feet were killing me. What if we had to run away from a threat? What will I do if my stamina is so low?

"Finally!" I jumped and slowly turned to see Bakugo huffing, not from running but in anger.

"Kirishima pulled me along! I'm innocent!" I cried hiding behind the dragon. The dragon grinned.

"Oh come on, it's not like you wouldn't catch up to us- ƠƲƇӇ!" Bakugo swung his fist at Kirishima's temple. I gasped out in horror and leaned over a bit to see if he was alright as he complained. "ƜӇƛƬ? ƖƬ'Ƨ ƝƠƬ ԼƖƘЄ Ɩ ƜƛƧ ƓƠƝƝƛ ƧƬЄƛԼ ӇЄƦ!"