Greatest Fear

Chapter Five: Greatest Fear - 1995

Over the next week, Hermione and I have gotten much more... comfortable with each other. We've had more and more frequent kisses whenever we had moments alone together, which actually, weren't all that many with the amount of people in this house.

Our main time alone is right before bed and when Mrs. Weasley has us go clean. Right now, we are suppose to be scrubbing off moldy cabnits but instead, we are doing something much more interesting.

Hermione's grip tightens around my waist as I have her pinned to the wall, my arms draped around her neck. Our lips dance with each other, becoming more swollen by the second. You'd think I would get bored of making out with Hermione for the last ten minutes straight, but there's nothing boring about this.

I decide to try something new, and part my lips more before softly biting down on Hermione's buttom lip. The surprised moan tells me she enjoyed the sensation, so I nibbled a little more.

She moves her hands to my face, holding me closer to her. She runs her thumb along my jawline, kissing me harder.

Suddenly, I step away from her and turn away before letting out a rather loud sneeze.

I turn back to Hermione who has an amused look on her face. "Umm, I think the mold is making me a little stuffed up." I say, rubbing my slightly burning eyes.

"We ought to clean then, Mrs, Weasley is going to check on us anyway." She sighs, taking a scrubbing brush from the soapy bucket. I get the spray bottle of hydrogen peroxide and start spraying down the moldy cabnets. We let it foam up for a minute before scrubbing the surfaces with the warm soapy water.

I keep having to turn away and sneeze and rub my eyes against my shoulders. Hermione looks at my sympathetically.

"Well isn't this bloody romantic?" I joke.

Hermione smiles and stops her scrubbing, before leaning in and kissing me a few times more. "It's certainly more bearable to do all this disgusting cleaning with you."

"Now don't get all sappy on me, Granger." I warn.

"Please, you're more of a softie than me."
I open and close my mouth a few times to try and argue, but nothing came to mind. "That's what I thought." Hermione says triumphantly while she resumes the scrubbing.

"I feel like a house-elf with all this cleaning." I tell her.

"Maybe the boys realize that too, maybe it will encourage them to be more active members in S.P.E.W!" She says hopefully.

"I think they are too thick to make the connection." I smirk. "Besides, you'd think by now they would care more of house-elf rights."

"Dears? How is it going?" Mrs. Weasley pops her head in.

"Oh, it's al-" I get cut off by my own sneeze yet again. I groan as my eyes water.

"Oh no, honey, maybe you ought to take a break. You might as well too, Hermione. I can have Ron and Harry finish up in here when they are done with the room they are working on."

We don't even try to object, and quickly leave the bathroom. "I need to shower before I have a freak out." I tell Hermione.

"I swear you take three showers a day." Hermione sighs.

"I wouldn't take three a day if I didn't have to clean the most disgusting rooms I've ever seen. This has to be detrimental to our health!"

"Oh alright, go on then." Hermione laughs. I nod and run to our clean bathroom and take a nice hot shower, scrubbing my body with soap until I feel clean again.