A Giant Sabotage

Chapter Twenty Three: A Giant Sabotage- 1996

It was the Thursday before Easter break which meant all the teachers were cramming in tests. Camila drags her feet through the Gryffindor portal after studying in an empty classroom with her friends. They all skipped dinner which left Camila feeling drained. She walks right past Harry, Ron and Hermione without saying a word.

"Erm, is she okay?" Harry asks Hermione who shrugs.

"I don't know I haven't seen her all day." Hermione pauses her notes.

Two minutes later, Camila comes back down in an oversized shirt and sweatpants and a soft blanket around her. Without saying a word, she moves Hermione's textbook off her lap, and curls up in that very spot.

Hermione smiles a little and hugs Camila as the tired girl rests her head on Hermione's shoulder, covering both of them in the blanket. "That was exhausting." Camila mumbles. "And now I'm cold and clingy."

"You've been studying all this time?" Hermione asks. All Camila does is nod her head.

"Transfiguration is what really held me up. That class is so hard. I can't transfigure anything. I wanna drop that class. I hate that class. Love Minnie though."

Hermione plays with Camila's curly hair and looks over her shoulder back at her textbook. "I still have to review Ancient Runes, but you can stay here."

Camila nods against Hermione's shoulder and closes her eyes. Camila finds relaxation in Hermione's breathing and perfume scent. Vanilla, berries, tea, and musk. It only took about ten minutes before Camila was taken overly sleep.

Hermione does all the work she's able to do around Camila's body being directly on top of hers in the armchair. Every once in a while, Hermione will move her head to kiss Camila on the side of her face.

"I've been wondering Harry... how are your lessons with Snape going?" Hermione asks quietly after she finishes her chapter.

Harry widens his eyes a bit and his face goes red. "Oh uh, great. They're good. Actually so well, we are stopping the sessions, he thinks I'm good enough."

The truth was, Snape had cut off their lessons because Harry saw something he wasn't suppose to. Snape's worst memory which involved James and Sirius tormenting him.

"Ron honestly, have you gotten any studying done?" Hermione sighs.

Ron looks up from is frizzing whizbees and shakes his head. "I think I'd rather fail at this point, I'm so behind." Hermione rolls her eyes and shakes her head slowly.

"Why did I even bother creating you a studying schedule then?"

"I told you not too." Ron grumbles.

"Can you two please shut up." Camila groans, slowly lifting her head up. Hermione tilts her own head as she looks at the tired girl.

"Did you just tell me to shut up?" Hermione questions.

Camila slowly makes eye contact with Hermione and looks guilty before quickly tucking her head back into Hermione's shoulder. "I would never dream of uttering such words to you."

"You're impossible." Hermione sighs.

"I love you?" Camila asks more than states.

"I don't know, Goldstein, do you love me?" Hermione smiles now.

"Mmm, yeah I do." Camila states.

"Bloody saps they are, huh Harry?" Ron groans.

.