Fuck Christmas, Where's the Whiskey?

Chapter Nineteen: Fuck Christmas, Where's the Fire Whiskey? - 1995

Between the beginning of life to the end where one meets death, human obligation, human sacrifice, human fullfillment and human discovery take place. How, as complex creatures, can one navigate between all the unbearable and frankly, unnecessary anxiety and pain we've put into our society?

Camila wakes up, feeling confused why she dreamt of sitting in a lecture hall, listening to a philosophical lecture about human life.

As Camila lays in bed and thinks more, she realizes the voice echoing in her head was none other than Albus Dumbledore. Camila feels her body get consumed in a buzzing, anxious state, wondering if she accidentally got into the mind of someone again.

But her overly-grogginess and queasy stomach quickly shifts her focus to last nights drinking. She groans and rolls over, hiding her face in her pillow.

Hermione slowly wakes from Camila's noises, feeling rather grumpy herself. Hermione isn't normally a fan of being woken up for no good reason.

"Shut up." Hermione mumbles, turning away from Camila.Camila grunts back, not having the energy to form real words.

"Wait..." Camil croaks out. "It's Christmas you bloody Scrooge."

Hermione furrows her eyebrows and looks over her shoulder slightly. "You know a Christmas Carol?"

"I mean... duh. You know I've been consuming muggle media my whole life."

"Well then you'll know I'm certainly not Scrooge. If I'm any character, I'm the Ghost of Christmas past." Hermione dramatically flops onto her back now and folds her hands over her stomach.

"Why her?" Camila asks confused.

"Because, I don't like to sugar coat anything and I'm more than happy to walk someone through their past mistakes and tell them what went wrong and what they need to fix... like House Elf treatment... and Ronald's Astronomy papers."

"Well Bobs my Uncle, you really thought that out, huh?"

"Yes, and I think you're probably Ghost of Christmas present or actually speaking of Bob, you'd be Mr. Craticht."

"What? Why him?" Camila feels offended.

"Because Love... you work hard and don't get the pay off you deserve most of the time. But you're too ethically driven to slack off and you want to make sure the people close to you are taken care of." Hermione explains as if it was obvious.

"You're a bloody nerd." Camila laughs.

Hermione rolls her eyes. "As if you're not?"

"No, no I am, in my own ways." Camila smiles.

"How are you feeling by the way, you were pretty drunk by the time you got to bed."

"Oh, I just feel sluggish really. And just a little off."

"Cam, you probably should slow down next time, you don't really know your limits yet." Hermione sighs.

"Ah, okay whatever, Ghost of Christmas Past." Camila jokes, though internally frowns. The thought of slowing down never crossed her mind last night the second she had her first taste of the whiskey. In fact, all she wanted to do was go drinking again.

"Just advice is all..." Hermione mumbles, widening her eyes to herself out of annoyance.

"Wake up you bloody wankers!" Ginny bursts into the room before flinging herself onto Camila, making the girl groan.