Chapter 1

Four's P.O.V
I have finally gotten away from the life I've known, all I've ever known. When I was little I lived with my mom, her name is Natalie, and my dad, his name is Brandt. He wasn't as kind hearted as me neither of my parents were. Brandt would come home from work every day from the capital building. Some would call it hell but others called it The Hub. It was nothing special. It's where all these assholes go just to argue. It was a government building. My dad was and still is one of the primary leaders. My mom, most days she worked double shifts one at a local factory and the other at the bodega three blocks from our home. We lived in Seattle, Washington under a almost constant cover of clouds and rain. It never bothered me though. I always felt safe when it would rain.

Any way, when I was around five years old my dad came home pretty pissy and I asked for help on my kindergarten math homework. It was simple addition. But he didn't care. I asked again and he hit me. I didn't say anything, do anything. I did cry, though. But apparently that was unacceptable. So he hit me again. It was like he hated me. Like I was a mistake.

My mom on the other hand, she would come home and lock me in my room. I would have food and water brought to me. And every few hours I would be escorted to the restroom. After a while, if I had to go I would ask my mom. But she hit me instead.

When I was older and in like the sixth grade I would bring home book after book. But I hid them in fear of them being ripped to pieces. One night, my father came into my room. He was drunk of course. He tried to force himself on top of me but I fought back. I barely got him off of me long enough to run. My father tried to rape me.

I guess you could say I lived a pretty awful life. But I loved going to school. I participated in the band program. I loved band more than anything else, but reading books was a close second. My parents did drive me to and from my performances. I played the cello. I still do. I graduated high school with a 4.0 grade average, straight A's. Despite my horrid home life.

Now, I'm on my own. I got out of that hell whole as soon as I could. I live in a big house all by myself in Forks. Neither of my parents talk to me or probably even give a damn about me. I've changed my appearance a little, too, so if I would pass them while I was shopping or going to or from school they wouldn't realize who I was.

My hair, I didn't change. I loved its caramel color. I couldn't bring myself to change it. My looks though didn't change much either. I still wore black clothing that clung tight to my body. I started going to the gym when I could drive. I got a job and bought car with my own money. My physical strength was greater than it was. Muscles stuck out but just enough to tell you not to mess with me. I was a slender girl but I could kick your ass.

My friends stuck around with me. Kimmy-she's a base clarinet player and one of the funniest people I know- Gracie- she plays clarinet, she is kind hearted and loves to read-Katie-trumpet player, she was easy to talk to- and Heather- she plays the flute, she was like my other friends all in one. They all were alike. I cherished them all. They didn't live with me,though we had frequent sleep overs. But here is were my story starts.