Chapter 15

Uriah's P.O.V
Billy took me outside. He looked at me awry. Like everything that could have gone wrong just did. What was going on?

"Son, why didn't you talk to us first?" Billy said.

"I didn't plan for this. It just happened."

"You don't realize how much danger you've put her in," he whispered.

"What are you talking about?"

"Uriah I'm so sorry we didn't tell you."

"What did you not tell me," I say. I feel a lump in my throat.

"The fetus is much stronger than you think. It has the strength to crush her from the inside. If the fetus brakes her ribs it could puncture something and if it brakes her spine, it will kill her. And there won't be any bringing her back. It's not possible."

"What are her chances?" I say shakily.

"Slight."

I fall to my knees and tears fall down my cheeks. My fiancé is going to die? I refuse to let that happen. I'll cut that thing out myself if I have to. I look through the glass door at her. Her slender figure, happy smile, her laugh, the way she plays the cello. She's my world now, my reason for existing.

"I won't let that happen her. She will live. Both of them," I said.

I stood up and brushed the tears off of my cheeks with the heal of my hand. Billy wrapped his arms around my shoulders. He pulled away and looked me in the eye.

"She can't have just any doctor take care of her throughout the pregnancy," he said.

"Who can take care of her?"

He looked at me, "I think I know someone."

I thought about all of the doctors we knew. Peter went through my mind. He could keep our werewolf child a secret. No! He is not going to touch her!

"No! I refuse to let him touch her," I said.

"You have too. He's the only one who could keep the secret of our pack."

I growled.

"Son, calm down."

I took a deep breath. We walked inside. Carter looked at me and the tears came back.
~~~~~~~~
After we laid down on the couch Carter fell asleep. I wrapped my arm around her waist and pulled her close. I kissed her cheek and fell asleep.
............
I woke up to Carter squirming out from under my arm. I pulled my arm up and she ran to the bathroom. I ran behind her. I opened the door and shut it behind me. I crouched next to her as she threw up. I rubbed her back. She started crying.

"You don't need to see this," she said.

"It's alright," I said softly.

She flushed the toilet and went to the sink and rinsed her mouth. She wrapped her arms around me. I picked her up and took her to my room. I lay down behind her and pulled her close to me. She's still crying. I lay my arm over her side and rubbed her stomach. She quaked and sighed.

"That feels good," she said softly.

I keep rubbing her stomach. Her breathing finally slowed and evened out. I started to drift off still rubbing her stomach. The door opens. I look down towards the foot of my bed. It's Vincent.

"Hey bro! What's up?" He said.

"Shhh," I said softly. "She's not feeling good."

"Oh, sorry. What's wrong with her? Does she have the flu or something?"