Chapter 17

Carter's P.O.V
Uriah was so happy when Peter said that we were both healthy. I was laying on my bed on my back by myself. I was thinking about my psychotic mother and father. Do they deserve to know about their grandchild? Or do I not even bother opening that can of worms?

I pulled my hair up into a messy bun and walk down stairs. I open the fridge and look through the practically bare shelves. I have to go to the store. I pull on a hoodie and a pair of shoes. I grab my keys and go to the store.

I walk through the aisles of the store. I picked up normal things like bread, milk, eggs, and meat products. Also getting some other things like ice cream.

I walked down the baby aisle. I looked at the items. I smiled at the little pacifiers and bottles. I picked up a package of pacifiers. I figured it couldn't hurt to start buying a few things. I put the pacifiers in my cart.
~*~*~*
After I put the groceries away I sat on the couch. Someone knocked on my door. I looked through the peep hole. There stood a slender man with bronze hair. I opened the door. He smiled sheepishly.

"Hello, I'm Dustin. I'm part of the coven that just moved here."

"Hi, I'm Carter," I shook his cold hand.

He pressed his soft lips to mine. I tried to push him away but he wouldn't budge. He pulled away. I looked at him with an angry expression.

"What?" He said.

I backed away. "I'm with someone."

"He doesn't have to know."

"Um I'm also.......carrying his baby."

"Oh," he breathes.

"Yeah," I say flatly.

"I didn't know," he said. "But your very pretty, beautiful even."

He had a way with words but his words were nothing like Uriah's. I wrapped my arms around my stomach. He looked at me apologetically. He took my hand.

"I'm really sorry. Maybe we can, you know, be friends."

I looked blankly. He nodded and left. I shut the door and sat back down on the couch. He was kind of beautiful. But Uriah is beautiful. He's mine and I'm his. I lay down on the couch and fell asleep.
.......
I wake up when Uriah opens the door. I open my eyes. His eyes are black. He's angry.

"Who was here?" He said.

"Dustin," I whisper.

"Did he hurt you?" He said this a little warmer.

"No."

He walked over to me and wrapped his arms around me. He smelled me.

"You smell weird," he said. "Did he touch you?"

"He-he kissed me," I say softly.

He growls. He squeezed me a little too tightly.

"Ow, Uriah please stop. You're hurting me," I whimper.

He loosens his grip on me but still holds me firm to his chest and rubs my back. He kissed my forehead. I sighed and snuggled closer. He cupped my face with his hands and kissed my forehead. He smiled.

"I love you," he said smiling. I giggled. "Lets take a shower."

He takes my hands and we walk up stairs. I rummage through my drawers. I pick out a pair of short shorts and a tank top. I take my clothes off and start the water. I stepped in the shower and let the water run over my shoulders.

I heard Uriah fumble around and slide the curtain back. He stepped in and pulled me close to his chest.
***********
Uriah's P.O.V
I got in the car from the pack meeting. I drive home quickly. When I pull into the drive way I can tell something is wrong. It smells off. I got out and and walk up to the door and walk inside. Carter looks up at me.