Chapter 16

Carter wares this outfit later on in the chapter when you see👗👗👗👗👗👗👗👗
Uriah's P.O.V
I woke up in Carter's room with her head on my chest and her arm over my stomach. I rubbed her arm. She stayed asleep. She wasn't going to school today we were going to go over to Peter's to ask if he would help Carter through her pregnancy. I really hope he will. But I don't want him to touch her or look at her down there.

Carter squirmed covering her mouth and ran to the bathroom. I ran behind her and rubbed her back. She's crying. I hate it when she cries. I hate seeing her upset, unhappy, hurting. It crushed me.

"Hey," I said softly.

"Go Uriah! You shouldn't see me like this."

She wanted me to leave? I won't. She flushed the toilet and went to the sink. She brushed her teeth. I was sitting on the floor looking at her. She turned around and leaned up against the sink. Her face was tear streaked. I opened my arms.
***********
Carter's P.O.V
"Go Uriah! You shouldn't see this." I say.

I regretted it as soon as I said it. I flushed the toilet and walked to the sink and brushed my teeth. I turned around and leaned up against the sink. I could feel the hot tears run down my cheeks. He opened his arms for me to curl into. I walked out of the door and wiped my face with my hand.

I didn't want to be seen like this, sick, weak, needy. I walked down the stairs into the living room. I sat on the couch and pulled my knees up to my chest and just let the tears flow. I lay my head on my knees. I felt warm hands wrap around me. Uriah nestled his nose into my hair. I sobbed harder. He kissed my temple. I scooted away from him and walked into the kitchen. I stood in front of the counter and cried. Uriah wrapped his arms around my waist. He kissed my neck. I wrapped my arms around his.

I feel so weak. This isn't me. He squeezed me reassuringly. I sobbed. He set his chin on my shoulder.

"Don't cry," he says softly.

I don't move I just Stan there and cry. He nestled his face into my neck. I turned around and nestled my face into his chest. My slender hands were up against his chest muscles. He placed his hands on the small of my back and pulled me close to him. He stood there holding me close.

"You're alright," he said.

"No I'm not," I whisper. "I don't like you seeing me like this! I feel weak, sick, needy!"

"You're not!" He said softly. "You can't help this Carter. It's just the baby. You'll be okay. You are not weak or needy. I love you and that's never going to change no mater when you're sick. I'm here for you."

I'm a mess. I don't know how he could love a train wreck like me. But he does. And I love him. I love his muscles, his smile, his eyes that when you look into them you get lost, his thundering laugh that makes me smile. I sigh.

"I love you," he says.

"I love you too," I say. "I'm going to change."

"Okay."

I let go and walk up stairs. I get in my closet and pick out something nice to wear. 👗👗👗👗👗👗👗👗

I get dressed and and walk down stairs. Uriah smiles.

"You look nice," he smiles.

"Thank you," I smile.

We get in my car because it gets better gas mileage than Uriah's Jeep. We pull up to Peter's house. We get out and walk up to the door. Peter is already opening it. He smiled.

"Hello, I didn't expect you to be here," Peter said.

"Can we talk to you?" I ask.

"Of course. Come on up to my office."

Uriah takes my hand and we walk up to Peter's office. He shuts the door.

"What can I do for you?" He asked.

"We have a favour to ask of you," Uriah said.

"We-were um, we're in a bit of a situation an we need your help," I say.

"What would that be?" Peter asked.

Uriah and I look at each other. I look back at Peter.

"I'm pregnant," I say.

"Are you sure?"

"My period is almost two weeks late. And the last time I, um, yeah, was about a month an a half ago."

"Okay, let's see." He patted the table in the middle of the room.

I sat down and laid back on the table. He pulled up my shirt high enough to smear a cold blue gel on my stomach. He put this thing on my stomach and an image appears on the screen. Uriah holds my hand. Peter smiled.

"What is it?" Uriah asked.

"Look," he points to a small black spot on the screen. "That's your baby."

Uriah kissed my forehead and smiled. "I'm so proud of you," he whispered in my ear.

I giggled.

"I'll have to do an exam as well," Peter said.

"Okay," I said. I looked at Uriah. His eyes were black. "Hey, stop that. I know I'm not the only one who told you that."

"Billy said it too," he rolled his eyes.

"He won't hurt me. All I wan is for the both of us to be healthy."

"So do I."

Peter did my exam. Uriah was angry and I could tell.

"Your baby is perfectly healthy," Peter said.

"Can you keep this to your self though?" I asked gently. "I don't want anyone to know especially the pack. I'm not ready for that yet."

"Of course I can," Peter smiled.