Chapter 26

*Uriah's P.O.V*

I held her in my arms. My beautiful little girl. She was sleeping softly. I smiled at her little sleeping face. She was perfect. Her fair skin, pink lips, her little hands.

I pressed my lips to her forehead. I looked up at Carter. A tear slid down her cheek.

"What's wrong?" I asked her softy.

"What's going to happen to us?" She whispered.

"Nothing. We're going to teach her everything we know. About wolves and humans. Everything. She's going to be just fine."

A small smile split her face. She was truly beautiful. Her wavy hair, bright smile. I placed the baby in Carter's arms. She smiled.

"She still needs a name," I say softly.

"Christine," she smiles.

"That's beautiful," I smile.

There is a knock on the door. Who could that be? All of they guys have went home. Peter opens the door. I stand defensively in front of Carter's bed. My father walked in the door. I growl lowly at him.

"What's your problem, Uriah James. I came to see my grandson," he says.

He walks closest to us. "That's close enough," I growl lowly.

Christine started crying.

"Let me see him," he said.

"You can go to hell," I growl again.

"Uriah," Carter said softly. "Calm down, you're scaring her."

"Her!" Billy yelled.

Christine started crying harder. I took her in my arms and kissed her forehead. Cooing her softly back to sleep. I looked at Billy with fire in my eyes. If looks could kill he'd be dead.

"Don't you ever yell in front of her again," I scold him in the lowest Alpha tone I've ever used.

Carter whimpered. I was scaring her. I gave her an apologetic look. I scowled at Billy again. He reached for my arms.

"Don't touch her," I said.

"Give her to me!" He said only a little lower than before.

"Please don't hurt her," Carter said softly. "I couldn't bare to lose her. I love her."

A few tears slid down her cheeks. It broke my heart. He was really making her cry. She had just given birth and now he's threatening to take our baby. I don't think so.

"Give her to me," he said coldly.

Carter started sobbing. I bent down and kissed her forehead, gently laying Christine in her arms.

"You've gone soft," Billy spit at me.

"Shut up," I mumble.

"You have and you know it. You know what you've done in the past."

"S-shut up," I say my voice shaking.

"Uriah, what's he talking about?" Carter asked.

"You haven't told her? This should be good." Billy smirked.

She looked at me worriedly. "What did you do?"

"He didn't tell you about him, the man he killed."

"Shut up, Billy," I demanded.

"Uriah," she said softly. "Please tell me this isn't true."

"I'm sorry," I said to her. "He was going to kill Vincent. I had to. He's my little brother. I had to protect him."

"Why didn't you tell me?"

"Baby, I'm sorry. I didn't want you to be scared of me. I'm really really sorry."

"Come here," she said patting the bed beside her.

I crawled in beside her. She leaned up against my shoulder. I wrap my arms around her.

"You lied to her just there. You don't feel guilty about killing him!" Billy scolded.

"I cried in mom's lap for six months after I did what I did. Of course I felt guilty."