Chapter 19

"I know. You guys stopped by the other morning," Emily said.

"Yeah," I replied.

"You must be hungry," she said.

"A little," I blushed.

"What's that noise?" She asked.

"What," I sat softly sitting at the table.

"It's like a thrumming sound."

"I don't hear anything."

She walked through the kitchen. When she walked by me she backed up and stopped and looked at me.

"It's right here," she said softly.

"Oh," I said blushing. I forgot that she had super hearing compared to me. "I'm pregnant."

"Awe," she smiled. "That's wonderful."

"Thank you. Please don't say anything though. I'm not ready for for people to know yet."

"Why? I think becoming a mother is wonderful."

"Oh, I do too. It's just," I stopped. I didn't just share my past with anyone."

"You don't have to make yourself uncomfortable," she said.

I smiled. "I'm just not open with what almost happened to me."

"What did happen to you?"

"When I was thirteen my dad tried to rape me. I've been scared of men and sex. Just out of fear of my father."

"I'm sorry Carter."

"When I met Uriah everything was different. He was good to me. Treated me with respect. He's gentle for such a big guy like him."

"I'm glade he's good to you. What did he say when you told him about the baby?"

"He was mad at me at first because I waited a week before I told him. But when he came into the band room, I knew he'd been crying. He hugged me and told me he was sorry. He kissed me. He really is a good guy."

"I can tell by the way your eyes sparkle when you talk about him."

"He can't wait to be a dad. I'm glade he does. Even if he has to do it without me," I look down and rub my small bump.

"What do you mean?"

"There's a possibility that I won't survive this. Something about my body isn't developed enough to support the strength of the baby. But I know I can do this."

"You can," she smiled encouragingly.

After I are breakfast I sat on the couch. I was tired and I hadn't done anything. But I was worried about Uriah. I lay down on the couch. I curled up and fell asleep.
(Dream)
I'm curled up on the couch. I'm not tiered or asleep but I'm laying there. My front door opens. The black hole eyed version of my father walked through my door. I looked at him, rubbing my swollen belly. He ran up to me and grabbed my arms.

"Who knocked you up," he said lowly, angrily.

"Stop," I said fearfully.

He strataled my waist and started kissing my neck.

"Stop!" I say a little louder. "Please! Please!"

He wouldn't stop. He ran his hands up my legs. I squirmed and tried to free myself from his grip. He touched me in between my legs. I whimper. He pulls my pants down.

"No! No! Stop!" I scream.

He doesn't, he pulled my pants of and pulled at my underwear. I squirmed more. My belly was hurting. I screamed as loud as I could.