Chapter 8

Your POV

Two red circles were in front of my face, in the middle of the darkness. Instinctively I tried to hit whatever was in front of me but it had blocked my blow. "Wow, wait. It's me, Justice."

"Fuck. Justice, you scared me. But why the hell were you staring at me while I sleep?"

"Don't think anything weird! I was just go downstairs for a glass of water and I heard you talking in dreams, so I walked over to you. Most of what you were saying didn't make any sense but I could hear you say Beelzebub. I thought you were having a nightmare so I was going to wake you up but you did it yourself"

"But Justice, is it supposed to be normal that demon eyes shine on-?"

"If you had a nightmare I can stay by your side and protect you from Beelzebub!"

"You don't have to..."

"I'll do it anyway" Justice jumps on the couch and gets on top of me. She gets between the sheets and snuggles into me.

"When you said you were going to stay with me I wasn't thinking of something like that. Besides, what if someone else comes down and sees us like this?"

"Don't worry, no one is going to come here. Anyway, I'll go to my bed later.... If you want, of course...."

I stay silent, I can't believe she said something like that. After looking at the ceiling for a while, I decide that I can't sleep. "Justice, are you still awake?"

"Yep"

"Well, um... If you don't mind answering... What did Beelzebub do to make you sealed her in the Abyss forever?"

"I don't mind answering that. But try not to ask Lucifer. She can get angry and hurt you, I wouldn't want that to happen. Well, Beelzebub rebelled against Lucifer to be the new ruler of hell. At that time I was the High Prosecutor so I fought against her. And as you know I win and we sealed Beelzebub in the Abyss but I lost my sight in that battle "

"I don't think I should have asked..."

"Nah, it's okay" Justice got comfortable again and snuggled into me. I was finally able to fall asleep.

The next morning

The light from the window wake me up. I opened my eyes. Justice wasn't with me, I guess she went to her bed.

I got up from the couch and went to the kitchen. Helltaker wasn't there which surprised me. I looked in all the rooms downstairs but he wasn't anywhere. Well, he won't mind if I cook something.

I grabbed a plate and started preparing my breakfast. Then, I hear footsteps behind me, I turn my head and I see Lucifer leaning against the doorframe. "Helltaker left?" 

I get a little nevous. I know that Lucifer can hurt me if she gets angry, so that isn't very reassuring. "If he is not sleeping in his room then yes"

She went to the fridge and I continued making my breakfast. After a few seconds of silence she looks at me. "Do you know how to make pancakes?"