Chapter 24 [edited]

As soon as they got into the apartment. Both of them were all over each other barely making it onto Yukakos bed. The night was very long until they both finished having sexual relations.

In the morning Josuke immediately regretted his decision. This was the one thing he didn't want to do ever. He knew that now he was no better than Joseph. Josuke repeatedly told himself he was a horrible human being. His thoughts were interrupted as Yukako rustled awake. Josuke called to her.

"Yukako?"

"mmm?"

Her response reminded Josuke that this wasn't a dream. It was a living nightmare. Josuke took a deep breath before confessing.

"I didn't.... I didn't break up with Okuyasu."

The silence from Yukako was killing him. Until he heard her response.

"I didn't break up with Koichi."

No words were said for a moment, until Josuke said.

".... We're horrible human beings."

"I always knew I was one. At least you're aware of it. Sex was good but let's both just pretend this never happened and you should probably go home."

"I..... Ok"

The walk home was horrible. It wasn't raining but the cloudy skies weren't making it any better. When Josuke eventually came home, Caeser was already nagging him.

"Josuke! Why didn't you call me last night? I was worried sick about you!"

Josuke didn't say anything or hear anything as he completely zoned out. On the brink of crying, Josuke muttered out.

"When Joseph cheated on you.... Why'd you forgive him?"

"Because he's Joseph, I love him too much for him to leave my life. I couldn't stay mad at him forever..... Why? Did Okuyasu cheat on you?"

Josuke stared at the floor and shook his head lightly. Caeser was confused and then it hit him. He took a deep breath and asked.

"Did..... You cheat on him?"

Josuke nodded his head and Caeser sat down at the kitchen counter. Josuke sat next to him. He did his best to explain everything that happened last night.

"We had a fight and this girl comforted me and..... I was so stupid to go back to her place and..... We did it and I wish I didn't but I still want to be with Okuyasu-"

Caeser interjected, interrupting Josuke.

"Tell him but try to stay together. You just made a mistake! Joseph did the same thing and now we're better than ever after talking it through. It's just a rough patch! I swear everything's going to be fine."

Josuke didn't listen to anything that Caeser said. Josuke knew that he looked like a mess and he was ashamed of himself. Part of him believed he should listen to Caeser. The other part knew that that was a dumb idea. Josuke interrupted Caesers ramblings and spoke shakily.

"N-no, cheating on him was my choice. I cheated on him not because I wanted to get laid. I just wanted to be on top and now I've ruined our relationship forever! I can't keep this from him."

"Josuke you're young. You made a mistake! You don't even have to mention it to Okuyasu if you don't want to. Even if you did I guarantee he'd forgive you. You're just sixteen. Please remember that this doesn't define who you are at all."

At this point, Josuke only felt worse. For once in his life he felt worse talking to Caeser. It's so hard to end a relationship when you can only think about why you want to stay. Sure it'd only been two months but to Josuke it felt longer. Like they'd been in love for longer.