Chapter 46

*Rainy's POV*

(TW/ if you are triggered by crime I would suggest you skip over this chapter, it may be important to the story but I would never want to trigger anyone.)

We walked out to the cars and drove to Smashburger. I got a regular burger and fries and we all sat at booths. "Okay so we're all going to Playlist next month so we need to sort out a game plan," Mom said.

"So obviously when we get there we'll unpack blah blah blah, ya know. So the first day we won't do anything but the second day we have a meetup and-" Mom was cutoff mid sentence by a man running into the building.

"Everybody get down!" He yelled. I sat there, my mouth open, not moving. "I said get down blue!" He yelled at me. Mom pulled me under the table and put her hand over my mouth.

"Okay you're going to pretend that you don't have a phone. Put it deep in your backpack. They'll definitely take them up so hide it. Say that you're 10 and you don't have a phone," Mom said frantically.

"You're going to text your daddy and tell him to call 911 and send them here, did you get all that?" her words came out in a rush, you could tell she was scared, we all were.

One of the guys came over and made them put their phones in a basket. "Cough up the phone kid," he said in a rough voice. "I don't have one," I said in the smallest voice I could manage.

He glared and walked on to the next table. I looked over at Connor and saw him looking at me. He looked at the guys motioned for me to raise my hand.

I raised it. "What pipsqueak?" one of the guys yelled. "Can I go to the bathroom?" I asked nicely. He spat on the floor, "Whatever make it quick."

I ran to the bathroom and locked one of the stalls. I went to messages and texted Dad "Dad please call 911 and send them to the smashburger on North Main, there's these guys here holding everyone hostage. Please hurry."

He texted back almost immediately, "Okay they'll be there soon I just called them, I love you." I texted back, "I love you too," and stuffed my phone back in the bottom of my backpack and raced back out.

The guy motioned for me to come over to him. "Now tell me, why did I not hear a toilet flush?" He asked sarcastically. "B-because I- I was just fixing my makeup," I said. VERY CONVINCING RAINY.

He glared at me and pushed me down. "Rainy!" Mom yelled. A guy pointed his gun at her and she moved back.

A few minutes later we heard sirens. "Shit!" One of the guys yelled. "You little shit! You called them!!" He yelled at me. I cowered back and ran to mom. The cops stormed in and the guys started to run.

They caught them and handcuffed them, taking them out to their cars. Dad ran in and hugged me and picked me up. He hugged mom and everyone else and it was just a giant hug fest, all of us glad to be alive.