Chapter 48

*Rainy's POV*

We got back home and Mom dug out my birth certificate. We looked at it and I saw the name printed on it.

Father: Randy Rivers; not present at time of birth; age 20

Mother: Jasmine Alexandria; age 14

My dad wasn't there? Why did my mom give me his last name?

"Well, do you wanna find your mom or do you think it's a lost cause?" She asked.

I thought for a second. I sighed, "I wanna find her, just meet her that's all, ask her why she gave me up."

She nodded, "Well, we can look her up, see if she's still in California, and we can all road trip to wherever she is."

I laughed, "ROAD TRIP!"

Jc came running in, his eyebrow raised, "Did I hear the words road trip?"

"Indeed you did, we're gonna go meet my mom."

He looked a bit confused for a second, then nodded and walked out.

*A few hours later*

"Alright, we searched everywhere and we know she's in LA, the only thing we could find was a phone number, wanna call it?" she asked.

I took a deep breath and slowly nodded. She typed it in and pressed call, then handed me the phone.

It rang then someone picked up. "Hello?" a female voice asked. I cleared my throat, "Um is this Jasmine Alexandria?"

She paused, "Yes it is, may I ask who's calling?"

"Um well, my name's Rainy Rivers, well now Rainy Lawley, do you recognize that name?" I asked.

"Yeah as a matter of fact that was what I named my daughter..." she trailed off.

"Well, that's me. And I was kind of wondering if I could meet you," I said nervously.

She was quiet for a moment, then said, "You really want to meet me?"

I nodded, then realized she couldn't see me, "Yes, I do."

"Well okay, I'd like to see you too. You said you had a different last name, Lawley is it? Were you adopted?" She asked me.

"Yeah, an awesome crazy family adopted me," I said smiling at mom.

She smiled. "Well okay, here this is where I currently live if you'd like to come by."

She gave me an address that mom said wasn't that far away.

"Is it okay if we come tomorrow?"

"Of course."