Chapter 2

Miracle's POV

"...but is your head not hurting at all?"
I asked my little sister. Her head is full of accessories and it looks weird. She always wants to be pretty all the time.

"Not at all, daddy said I am pretty with this. He fixed my hair." Damn, daddy is really crazy.

"You mean you went to the school with that hair?"

She pouted. I am so soft for her.
"You don't like it? Dad said I am pwetty."

"No, baby. I like it but don't let dad fix your hair again. Ask your nanny to do it for you. Are we clear?"

"Yes...will you play with me now?"

"Of course, I went home early to play with my beautiful baby."

~~~~

I was busy doing with my research when Jeha called me to remind my medicine. He is like my overall assistant. Like me, he loves everything to be organized too.

"I got it. Thanks for reminding me. I was busy finishing my project. You can sleep too."
I dropped the call.

I went to my parents' room to talk to them but it seems bad timing. They are doing something a couple loves to do. It's not even evening yet.

Ice and Yohan are not home yet. I think they attended the party Steph mentioned earlier.

I went out for fresh air. I heard Elites were being loud as if they are celebrating or something. I know Jeha is still around.

"Why are they loud?" I want a peaceful ambiance.

"Bernard's son arrived from the US. He graduated highschool and your parents are giving him a scholarship to attend MSU." He answered. See? Jeha is always around. He is like air. You might not see him but he is always there.

"Tell them to tone down. Thank you."

A few minutes later and all I can hear is the birds chirping.

I decided to just read the novel my mom gave me. I love reading, it makes me imagine the things that I cannot do... as if I am really there in the scene.

"Miracle." The voice distracted my peace again.

I smiled at him. "You are?"

"Ouch. Did you forget me already? Drew. The drew you used to call toothless." He flashed his perfect smile.

"Oh, that kid. Hi!" I returned to the book I am reading.

He sat beside me. He is I guess 3 or four years younger than me.

"Are you bored? Do you want to eat with us?" Such a nuisance.

"I am fine. Thank you for asking. You can return to your mini party. I'll just go back to my room." I declined.

He smiled wider and grabbed my hand. What the hell?

"Did you just touch me?"

"Come with me voluntarily then."
He asked me. Why does he keep smiling? "Please???"

I looked at Jeha and he nodded.

Fine.

They turned silent when I entered the barracks. Am I not welcome here? I felt awkward.

"Ira," Bernard called me. He is an Elite, my dad's classmate back then and the father of Drew.

No one is calling me sir here because I  don't like it.

"Dad, I asked Ira to join us." If I know he just invited me so they can continue being loud.

"Don't mind me and just continue eating." He held my arm and let me sit on the chair positioned in the center.