Chapter 25

This day had been hanging over my head for months. This was the final results day. This was the day that the winner had their life changed forever. And this was my last working day in Sydney.

Luke was quiet all morning. He cuddled me every time we were close to each other.

I really wished he had talked.

I was nervous enough as it is.

Liz and Chloe strut around the back room in their reveal outfits and hummed happy tunes under their breath.

"You need to get dressed love," Liz said, offering me a sympathetic frown.

"I don't want to," I whispered.

"I know but Rachel needs us," She sighed, pulling on my hands to get me onto my feet.

I slipped into my outfit and strapped my feet into ridiculous heels. It took a few minutes for my hair and makeup touch ups.

And then I was ready to go on stage.

Or at least my outfit was.

We all stood in the hall near the wing of the stage. I flocked to Luke and grabbed his arm gently.

"Hey," I hummed.

"Hi," He smiled. "You look beautiful."

My cheeks flushed pink while I stared up at the roof to calm myself down.

"Good luck," I said.

"You too Collings," He nodded, offering me a tiny smirk.

"I'm not ready," I said.

"Need to be darling," He frowned, stroking my cheek gently.

I clutched onto his arm for dear life and stared into his light blue eyes.

"I love you," I sighed.

"Love you more," He smiled, pulling me in for a quick kiss. I wiped the lipstick off his mouth and went to stand with the girls. Rachel sent me a nervous smile. I watched her legs shuffle around mindlessly in anticipation. I offered her my hand and squeezed our fingers together.

They dragged us out onto the stage and the crowd went nuts. We stood in our groups and watched a montage play of all the contestants. There were even a few clips of the judges. I smiled at Luke and I running around backstage goofing off.

My eyes started to sting and it took everything in my power not to cry on live television.

"You okay?" Liz asked me.

I nodded yes and turned to face the host making his speech. The old performances played above us and then the spotlights fell back on the stage.

"Ladies and Gentleman this is the moment you have all been waiting for," Dom said dramatically.

I squeezed Rachel's hand tightly and we all pressed in close together.

"After countless votes the results are finally in and we have a champion of the X Factor 2014,"

I felt eyes on me across the stage so I looked up to meet them. Luke nodded at me with a tiny smile. I nodded back quickly hoping no one would notice.

"Here we go," Chloe squealed, bouncing in her heels.

"Your winner is..." Dom drawled, peeling open the small envelope.