Chapter 6

The next morning was rough.

My head was pounding and I looked like I had spent the whole night sleeping on a park bench.

Anthony was going to have his work cut out for him.

Liz and Chloe rolled out of bed with me at around three in the afternoon and we all put on some clothes before running out to the car waiting in the hotel parking lot. I slid into the back seat and pressed my head up against the window.

"I forgot to ask, did you have fun last night?" Chloe asked quietly.

"Yeah," I smiled, trying to hide my pink cheeks.

"Yeah she did," Liz smirked.

"What am I missing?" Chloe whined, yanking on my arm.

"Her and Luke did a little bit of grinding," Liz hissed.

"Shush!" I laughed, covering my face.

"Maddie!" She yelled. "What else happened?"

"Nothing," I sighed.

"Didn't look like nothing to me," Liz said.

"Well it was," I said, holding my hands up. "We're friends."

"I think you like him," Chloe shook her head.

I shot her the death look but she just cocked and eyebrow in response.

"I don't think, I know she likes him," Liz said not even bothering to look up from her phone screen.

"Well even if I did he wouldn't like me back so it wouldn't matter," I whispered.

"You never know, maybe he finds your unfortunate qualities endearing," Chloe said as nice as she could. "Like us!"

"Thank you Chloe," I deadpanned. "I feel so much better about myself."

"I'm just trying to help,"

"Please don't," I begged both of them. "I don't want to make a mess of things."

Liz offered me a pinky swear which I took.

You don't mess with a pinky swear.

Saturdays are by far the worst day of the week.

It's elimination day.

I sat in the dressing room for a while and tried to get myself ready for the show.

I was in the middle of sticking in my earrings when there was a knock at our door. I looked up to see a woman in a headset walk in.

"Hi," I said nicely.

"We have a problem," She sighed.

"What's wrong?" Liz asked.

"Rachel is in the bathroom sick,"

"What?" I yelled.

"I think its nerves," She said.

The three of us all looked at each other with the same panicked face.

I was the only one dressed so I volunteered to go check on her. I slipped off my heels and ran down the hallway.

I pushed open the big metal doors and looked under the stalls for her little feet.