Chapter 10

I woke up in the morning and went digging through my closet. I grabbed a big flannel and some ripped jeans and threw them on. I chose to skip the makeup because my skin needs to breathe on my off days and threw my hair up into a messy bun.

It's just breakfast.

Or at least that's what I've been telling myself for the past twelve hours.

The knock came through my door at around ten. I got to my feet and ran to get it before one of the other girls did. I opened it up wide and stared at Luke standing in my doorway in dark jeans, a t-shirt and a backwards hat.

"Hi," I breathed.

"Hi," He smirked.

"Okay I'm ready," I mumbled, grabbing my bag off the hook. I yelled goodbye to the girls and shut the door.

"I like the hat," I said as we ambled down towards his car.

"Bad hair day," He admitted with a tiny smile.

I don't know why it was weird for me to think about Luke driving... it just never occurred to me that it was something he did.

I slid into the front seat and sat there quietly while he backed out of the hotel parking lot.

"So where are we going?" I asked.

"I saw a place up the street that looked good," He said, eyes scanning the road.

He had one hand propped up on the steering wheel and the other was picking at his bottom lip.

He looked pretty good.

I reached forwards to turn on the radio in order to ease the silence. I turned the knob and jumped at the sound of one of my songs blasting from the cd player.

"Shit," He hissed, turning it down.

"What is that?" I asked loudly, turning it back up.

"Nothing," He sighed, switching the discs.

"Is that our album?" I smirked.

"Nope," He hummed, turning into a little diner.

"Yes it was," I smirked. "Did you buy it?"

"Don't know what you're talking about," He shrugged, obviously trying to distract me from his pink cheeks.

I decided to let it go and let him regain his cool factor.

We walked through the door and got seated by a nice older lady. She handed us some menus and brought over coffee.

She called me dear.

What a gem.

My eyes scanned over the choices and I bit down on my lip in concentration.

"What are you gonna get?" Luke asked quietly.

"Maybe a grilled cheese," I hummed, tapping my chin thoughtfully.

"For breakfast?" He gawked.

"I don't believe in food restrictions," I shrugged.

"So how was your date?" He asked as slyly as he could muster.

I felt my stomach flip and I sent him a sassy grin across the table.