Chapter 3

Being in a girl band is tough work.

I just wanted to stay in my bed all day and sleep but we had to go to the gym and work on our bodies in order to look good in crop tops.

I think it's ridiculous.

I should be able to eat donuts and wear whatever I please.

"Three more," My trainer called out.

I dropped to the ground and did some more push ups, grunting every time my stomach touched the floor.

"Four more," He snapped. "No cheating Mads!"

I shot him an evil grin and adjusted my ponytail.

"Can I have food now?" I whined.

"What kind of food?" He sighed.

"Bacon," I beamed.

"No,"

"Dammit," I sighed, getting to my feet to stand in front of him.

"You have dance practice in thirty minutes," He smiled, sticking out his fist. I tapped my knuckles against his and grabbed my water bottle. I poured a gulp into my mouth and packed up my bag.

I waited for Liz and Chloe to finish their boxing.

They made everything look so easy.

"That felt amazing," Chloe sighed, wiping her face on a towel.

"Really?" I asked with a confused face.

"Yeah!" She laughed. "You work all the parts of your body goof."

"I see," I drawled, following her to the warehouse we turned into a dance studio.

The choreographer started to rant and rave about this new vision he had and I just nodded along. I stood in my spot and picked up on as many of the moves as I could.

It only took about an hour to have the whole routine down.

Liz, Chloe and I had been dancing together all of our lives so we worked pretty well together.

"One more?" Liz asked, turning our song back on.

I nodded and shook out my arms. I grabbed my water bottle and used it as a microphone for the routine.

Thankfully we managed to do it without any mistakes so we all collapsed onto the ground in a massive pile of limbs and took a break.

I stared up at the ceiling and blew the hair off my face.

"I'm so dead," I hissed.

"On the bright side your bum looks really good in those pants," Liz smirked.

"Thanks," I laughed, snorting loudly.

"Do you guys have any song ideas for the girls?" Chloe asked, sitting up to tie her hair in a giant knot.

"I wrote a few down in my book," I nodded, pointing to my bag.

Chloe crawled over to it and pulled out the infamous notebook that I carry with me everywhere. She read out all the ones I wrote down and who they were for.

"Not bad little one," Liz yawned.

"I think Debra should rap," I said quietly.

"Really?" Liz asked.

"It would be good, and we can pick a really fun song to make people get excited," I explained. "No one's going to vote for a boring ballad in the first week."