14

"Are you sure about this?" Doctor Kim says, the worry in his voice evident.

We're standing in front of a metallic door that separates us from Yoongi. There are two guards behind us and the third doctor.

He goes through all the security procedures once again with me.

"Don't get too close, don't fall for his games..." His warnings make me feel nervous and insecure, but I won't let that stop me.

He signals one of his guards to open the door and he does as he's told. The guard checks inside the room and when he comes back out he gives us a nod.

Doctor Kim steps inside and I follow behind him carefully. The first thing I notice is how cold the room is. I have to hug my arms to warm up.

And then I see how white and empty it is. There's just a small mattress and a blanket and, I wonder again: is it legal to have someone like this?

Doctor Kim stops walking and steps to the side, letting me see him.

Yoongi.

He's sitting on the floor in the corner of the room with his knees pressed against his chest. His wrists are chained to the wall, restraining him from moving freely. His hair is messy just like last time, his eyes still covered by a black blindfold, a color that contrasts with his skin.

Suddenly, he lifts his head up, a twisted smile lifting his lips. His voice is hoarse and cold.

"Welcome."

Doctor Kim speaks. "Yoongi, we're here because-"

"I know why you're here," he interrupts him and hums. 

"I've never had a girl visit me inside my room." He licks his lips. "You smell really good, ___."

"Yoongi, this isn't going to be one of your games. She wants to ask you some questions and we would appreciate your collaboration. But if you don't behave, you know what will happen," Doctor Kim tells him.

"I have all the intention to collaborate, doctor." Yoongi tilts his head, a smirk on his lips.

"That's very reasonable of you."

"On one condition," Yoongi says.

"No. You're in no position to ask for conditions," Doctor Kim says and Yoongi's smile grows bigger.

"Then I won't speak."

"Okay. Let's go, ___." Doctor Kim is about to take us back when I speak.

"Wait, what do you want? What's your condition?" I ask.

Doctor Kim protests but Yoongi doesn't hesitate to answer. "I want to be alone with her and have the blindfold on my eyes removed. I want to see you, ___."

That request gives me goosebumps. Why does he want to see me?

"Those are two conditions," Doctor Kim says. "And you know very well we can't leave you alone with her."

Yoongi's smile doesn't waver. "Why not? I'm restricted and you'll be there at the door. I won't do anything to her, you have my word."

"Okay, we'll do it," I say and I feel the doctor's surprised look on me. "I know what you're going to say, doctor but I doubt he'll try to do anything with you being at the door. It'll be fine."

Doctor Kim shakes his head, letting out a long sigh.

"Alright," he says. "But the door will be open at all times and you just have to call us if anything happens. Be cautious around him, ___."