19

It's him...

The boy who saved me, the boy I was in love with, the boy I gave my everything to.

Seeing him in front of me makes my head throb in pain, a new memory being revealed in my mind.

(FLASHBACK)

I carry a box to the living room. I can't believe that even after two weeks of moving here, there are still so many boxes around.

The door bell rings unexpectedly. We've never had any visits apart from our deliveries and they're usually in the morning, not this late in the evening.

I turn to look at my parents and find them as confused as me.

The bell rings again and we all walk towards the door, my father looking through the peephole.

He opens the door to reveal three people covered in thick coats, hats and gloves. A middle-aged lady smiles at us.

"Good evening. We're your closest neighbors. We just wanted to welcome you. It's very nice to meet you," she says, smiling.

"Oh, that's very nice of you! Please come in, you must be freezing out there." My mother invites them inside.

Once the two adults walk in is when I can see a boy standing behind them.

My heart starts beating fast in my chest when I lay eyes on him. He's just standing there, covered in small snowflakes with his cheeks and nose flushed because of the cold. He has beautiful eyes...

I've never seen someone so attractive my entire life.

As if he could feel my stare, his eyes find mine and I quickly look down, embarrassed.

Once they're in the living room, the lady offers my mother the cake she's carrying.

"We brought you a cheesecake. It's my specialty. Or that's what these two say," she says, pointing at her husband and son.

"Thank you so much! You are so kind." My mother seems happy to have some visit. "Oh, let me take your jackets."

They all pass their jackets to her and so does the boy, revealing a white shirt with the first few buttons undone. His body looks so defined.

When he takes off his hat, I see his messy hair fall onto his forehead and feel the air getting stuck in my throat.

His eyes find mine and I quickly look down again. Gosh, he keeps catching me staring at him like a fool.

"___?" My mom's voice brings me back to reality. "I asked you to bring some water. You're so distracted."

"I'm sorry. I'll be right back," I say and quickly walk to the kitchen.

I need to calm down, this isn't the first time I see someone attractive. But it's the first time I've seen someone so insanely attractive. I need to relax.

I'm so focused on washing glasses that I don't hear footsteps behind me until I feel a hot breath on my neck.

I quickly turn around, which was a big mistake, because now the boy is standing so close, I have to lean my head back to look at him.

I swallow hard.

"Can I help you?" I ask with a grimace. I see his pretty eyes shining as a small smile lifts the corner of his lips but he doesn't say anything.

I want to push him away but my hands are soapy.

"You're invading my personal space." I frown at him and he starts laughing, moving away from me.