39

We stand frozen in the middle of the living room, the tension building in the air.

She's back.

The Red Princess is back.

We stare at her as twisted smile lifts her lips.

"Hello. Take a seat," she says and we share a glance, but without saying anything, obey. If she wants to talk, then we'll talk.

Yoongi can't stay quiet.

"I've missed you, Red Princess," he says with a smile on his face.

She raises an eyebrow. "So flattering, although I can't say the same."

Yoongi looks confused, it's so strange seeing him like this.

"Oh, you think I care for you because of that kiss I gave you when I killed my parents? You just looked really kissable, that's all. Feelings aren't my thing, they're ___'s." She makes a confused expression. "I thought I made that clear when I killed my parents like that, so let's get over the sentimentalism and tell me, what exactly do you want?"

Yoongi was wrong, she isn't the Red Princess.

She's the Red Queen.

Yoongi clenches his jaw. "I think you should fix your attitude, after all we've-"

"Shhh." She silences him. "Don't make me waste my precious time with insignificant things, what do you three want? Live with ___ forever? Don't misunderstand, that sounds pretty exciting, but that's not your decision to make, it's mine."

Yoongi starts laughing. "Who the hell do you think you are? You think you have control in this situation?

She doesn't even blink.

"I always have control, or did you really think you had it?" It's her turn to laugh openly. "So delusional. You're so arrogant and easy to decipher for me."

That annoys Yoongi, I can see it, but Taehyung is the one who speaks now.

"We've done so much for ___, to keep her sane and safe," he says.

"Aww, you're so sweet Taehyung," she says and Taehyung nearly smiles of what seems like a compliment, but she continues with a scowl. "So sweet that you make me want to puke."

I feel it's my turn to speak.

"What makes you think you have a say in this situation? You're just a sick personality inside ___," I say as I look at her, but my insult doesn't affect her.

"Look, dark eyes, you don't seem to understand that your precious ___ survived all those years of abuse thanks to me." She rolls her eyes. "Without me, she would've killed herself already, or she'd be stuck in a sanatorium because she wasn't strong enough to deal with that, how do you think I was formed, from nothingness?"

She shakes her head. "It's only my priority to keep her safe, because without her, I don't exist. Simple survival, right? So for the last time, what do you three want from her?"

Yoongi crosses his arms on his chest. "We don't have to give you an explanation."

"I thought you'd say that." She sighs as she places her hand between the couch, taking out a black gun that I recognize immediately. All my senses get alerted, and before any one can react, she shoots right next to Yoongi, nearly grazing him, the bullet breaking through the glass window behind him.

Yoongi and Taehyung are paralyzed. I try to move, but she gives me a deadly look. "Don't even think about it."

She aims at me and I raise my hands.