23

Jimin's kisses are overwhelming, the way he touches me, leaving me breathless.

I'd like to say that I stopped, that I regained my self-control, realizing what we were about to do.

But I didn't.

Jimin did.

With heavy breaths, he moves away from me, holding my face.

"I'm sorry, ___, I..." he starts and I can't hide my confusion. I don't know what to say.

"You don't want to do this," he says.

"What are you talking about?" I frown, but he gets off the bed, standing up beside me and I lift myself up with my elbow and stare at him. He looks so lost.

"I haven't been honest with you, I don't deserve you giving yourself to me blindly," he says and my eyes open slightly as I remember the bruises on his knuckles and the ones on Yoongi's face. The way he know everything about me, and what he's saying right now is only adding to my fear.

Sitting up, I swallow my fear and look him in the eyes. "Then be honest with me."

I watch him as he hesitates, rubbing his face with his hands. "I want to be, but I don't want to lose you." 

I don't know what to say. I know the moment he speaks, things will change forever, and I'm not ready, but I need to know the truth.

Just imagining the possibility of Jimin being the one who killed my parents makes me want to throw up.

"I promise I'll be honest with you, just give me time," he says, turning around.

I open my mouth, but he quickly leaves the room, leaving me even more confused.

I throw myself back on the bed, my head spinning.

And I pray desperately to not let it be Jimin.

~~~

Rage, tears, disappointment, screams...

Taehyung.

He's standing in front of me, ruffling his hair in frustration.

"How could you?" My voice is barely a whisper and I hate it. I don't want to sound weak in front of him.

"___..." He extends his hand towards me but I slap it away.

"Don't touch me!" I yell.

"___, I'm so sorry, I-" he speaks but I cut him off.

"Shut up! Just... stop talking." My voice cracks, my heart burning and hurting.

"I... gave you love, I gave you my everything, how could you?!"

He licks his lips. "I was drunk. I know it's not an excuse, but it was a mistake, I never wanted to hurt you."

"A mistake?" It hurts me to speak, but I show him his phone. "If it was a mistake, why are you still talking to her?"

"___..."

Thick tears fall down my eyes.

"I'm wasting my time with you." I throw him his phone and take my coat.

"___, wait, no, don't leave like this." He takes my shoulder and turns me around, but I push him away.

"Don't touch me! We're done!"

He shakes his head. "No, you're not breaking up with me."

"I already did." I open the door to leave the house but Taehyung takes my arm and pushes me against it, smashing it closed again.

"You're mine, ___. You're always gonna be mine." His lips find mine and I fight to reject him. I move my face to the side, breaking the kiss.

"Stop, Taehyung. That's enough."

He forcefully takes my chin.

"Stop?" He lets out a dark laugh. "I won't stop until you know who you belong to."

I wake up with tears in my eyes, those memories burning my heart. How could I forget all that?

Taehyung broke my heart, he cheated on me with a girl in his university at one of those wild parties and I broke up with him.

Why did he not tell me? Why did he act like everything was okay between us? Jasmine didn't tell me either, but I'm sure she didn't know. I don't think I ever told her about it.

Everyone's lying to me...

That memory also unleashed others, like how Taehyung started acting after that. The way he changed his behavior, how he used to sneak into my room out of no where, and he became so possessive of me and it scared me.

Even though he did all that, I never told my parents.

And just then, a realization hits me.

"You're mine, ___, you're always going to be mine."

"I won't stop until you know who you belong to."

I quickly stand up and open my drawer, taking out the two mysterious notes I received a while ago and read them.

"Don't forget how beautiful you are, and that you're mine, only mine."

"You enjoyed his company, didn't you? But don't forget who you belong to. Sleep well."

My eyes open wide.

It was Taehyung, it has to be him.

I hold my head, shutting my eyes together tight.

What else did I forget?

~~~a few days later~~~

Spring vacations have arrived. They're the only time of the year where the first floor patients can leave this place and visit their families for a few weeks.

So the whole first floor is empty. There aren't any classes either, so there's nothing to do and it's so lonely and empty in this madhouse.

But lucky for me, my friends decided to stay so they help make the time here much more entertaining.

I haven't seen Taehyung or Jimin around lately and I feel good. Those two only mess with my head and emotions. I'm enjoying this tranquility.

We're in the cafeteria, sitting down eating sweets that Jungkook brought and talking about our lives, or past, our feelings, and it feels so relieving to be able to talk openly like this.

"This is better than therapy class," Hani says and Jihye lets out a laugh.

"And the sweets are delicious," Jihye says.

Jungkook looks at me with a smile. "___, it's your turn."

"Well..." I start, letting out a long sigh, " I already told you guys about Taehyung, and to be honest, I don't know how to feel about him."

Jungkook clenches his jaw.

"Are you going to talk about him again?" he asks.

"Does it bother you if I do?" I reply and Jihye hits his arm.

"Of course not, the point of this group is so that we can talk about whatever we want, right, Jungkook?" She smiles.

"Whatever. I'm going to the bathroom." He quickly stands up and walks away.

I stand up too, looking at the girls.

"I'll be back," I say and run after Jungkook.