18

It's after midnight when I feel sleepy.

We're both facing each other, our heads leaning against the couch. He stares into my sleepy eyes.

"Are you tired?" he asks and I nod, yawning.

"Just a bit," I say.

"Can I ask you something?" Jimin asks.

"Of course."

"Do you really not remember anything about that night?"

I tense a little at his question. "Not much." 

"You don't remember the killer?"

I shake my head. "No. I just have faded memories of the beginning of the night, that's all."

Jimin doesn't ask anything else and I mentally thank him. This isn't my favorite topic.

"Time to sleep, then," he says, standing up and walking to a closet where he takes a thick blanket. He walks back to the couch that turns into a bed. I had no idea it could turn so big.

He throws me a pillow and, in panic, I watch as he lays down beside me, wrapping himself with the blanket.

"We're going to sleep together?" I ask nervously and he gives me a cheeky smile.

"Yes," he replies and I want to argue, but I can barely keep my eyes open.

"Okay, I trust you," I say sleepily and his eyes open in surprise.

"You do?" he asks.

I smile. "Yes."

An expression that I can't decipher crosses his face.

I lay down, giving my back to him and falling asleep nearly instantly before I hear Jimin speak.

"___?"

"Hm?" I reply.

"Can I hug you?" he asks and I hear my heart start beating desperately in my chest.

"Um... sure." I feel him move behind me and instantly feel his body heat against my back. One of his hands takes my waist and presses me against him.

My breathing turns heavy. I really hope he can't hear how fast my heart is beating.

The tip of his nose grazes the back of my neck, his breath caressing my ear and causing an electric wave to run through my whole body.

"___, do you want to be with me?" he asks.

I swallow hard. "What do you mean?"

"I guess being straightforward is the only way..." he whispers before speaking softly. "Do you want to be my girlfriend?"

I stop breathing.

"Are you sleep talking?" I joke, letting out a small laugh.

His hand takes mine and holds it tightly. "I'm talking seriously, ___."

His word make me go silent. I don't know what to say. I never expected that question.

"I-I'm so tired. Let's talk tomorrow." I'm too nervous to give him a coherent answer.

However, Jimin takes my shoulder and turns me around, our faces being so close that his breath caresses my lips.

"Answer me," he says, his dark eyes shining with determination.

I lick my lips, feeling really nervous. He moves closer, taking my bottom lips between his lips and pulling softly. I let out a small whimper, closing my eyes.