9

Monday, January 17, 2005 (Lunch)

"Alex!" I turned around to see Bella rushing towards me.

My dirty white converse threatened to fall apart as I came to an erupt stop. I waited in the middle of the hall awkwardly as Bella swerved between everyone. I pulled the collar of my black sweater away from my neck as I switched my weight from one foot to another as she finally came to a stop in front of me.

"Do you mind sitting with me and a couple others, just so it's not so awkward?" I rolled my tongue against the back of my teeth as I cringed.

"Please." I sighed and gave in with a nod as I readjusted my bag and followed behind Bella.

Eventually Mike Newton caught up with us and began flirting with us but I ignored him.

"You know, Alex, if we got married you'd have the same name as that math dude from a million years ago?" I glared at him as I fixed my bag to stop me from pouncing on him and ripping his throat out.

"His name was Issac Newton, not Alexandra Newton, and he died in 1727, last time I checked that wasn't a million years ago, and don't refer to him as some math dude." I walked a couple paces ahead of Bella and Mike as I got more annoyed by the moment.

I left Bella alone for a moment to grab something to eat and in that short minute Tyler Crowley was being chased down by Mike Newton. Eric Yorkie had stormed off after Angela Weber took a picture of Bella and mentioned something about the feature. I dropped down beside Bella and began eating the tater-tots I found. They weren't the best but they'd do till I got my hands on some real sustainable food. Angela and Jessica Stanley talked about something stupid and drama related like always.

"Who are they?" I looked towards the window to see the Cullens as they made their way into the cafeteria even if they don't eat.

"They're Dr. and Mrs. Cullen's foster kids. They moved down here from Alaska, like, a few years ago." Jessica looked over her shoulder as she stabbed at her salad.

"They kind of keep to themselves."

"Yeah, 'cause they're all together. Like, together, together. The blonde girl, that's Rosalie, and the big, dark-haired guy, Emmett, they're, like, a thing. I'm not even sure that's legal." Emmett was clearly smirking at the attention and Rosalie began swaying her hips a little more.

"Jess, they're not actually related."

"Yeah, but they live together. It's weird." I picked up another tater-tot from my tray and bit popped it into my mouth as I listened to the common gossip.

"And, okay, the little dark-haired girl's Alice. She's really weird, and she's with Jasper, the blond one who looks like he's in pain." I cringed at the wrongful information that Jessica was handing out.

"Dr. Cullen's like this foster dad/matchmaker."

"Maybe he'll adopt me." I shook my head at Angela's comment as I watched the Cullens all sit down together as I was forced to listen to Jessica and Angela continue to talk on.

"Who's he?" I looked back at the window as Bella pointed out Edward.

"That's Edward Cullen. He's totally gorgeous, obviously, but apparently nobody here's good enough for him. Like I care, you know? So, yeah." I bit my tongue to stop myself from laughing since it was well known that Jessica had made many attempts towards Edward but he shut each one down.