Thirty-nine

"I love you

"I love you."

I swear to fucking god my heart stopped.  The three words echoed throughout my head as if they never really were said.

I want to know what's going on within her head. She had closed her eyes one minute, melting against my lips on her neck. The next she started screaming and threw herself out of the bath, onto the floor.

Her hands were clinging onto my back, I slowly pulled her off the ground and into my arms. She was cold, I could feel her shivering against me.

I laid her down in the bed, pulling the sheets over her, sliding into the bed on the other side. She moved closer to me, laying her head on my chest.

"H-he," She stuttered.

"Shh, you don't have to talk about it right now Lyla," I spoke and she silently agreed with me.

She had eventually fallen asleep, her breathing was regulated and her body was relaxed, which was the only way I could tell.

Everytime my hand had run down her back I could feel the scares, they were ragged and swollen. He fucking knew what he was doing, he was breaking her in every way possible, making sure she knew and would remember every fucking thing that he did.

Not even 10 minutes later, Lyla had woken up. Her hand was circling the tattoos that littered my chest, she was focusing on something other than her thoughts.

"Do you want something to eat?" I questioned. She was doing things I didn't think she would 2 weeks ago, maybe she would eat now.

Her green eyes glanced up at me before she mumbled out a "yeah."

She was willing to try, and that's all I needed.

I slowly sat up, letting her move off of me, before I walked over to the closet. I could feel her eyes on me as I walked away, something she used to do when I got up in the morning.

I slipped on some clothes before walking back out, she was sitting up in the bed, once again watching me silently.

She was so strong.

"I'll be back in a couple minutes Ly," I smiled, and she gave me a small nod, pushing herself back into one fo the pillows.

I gently shut the door behind me, making my way down the hall, when I approached the stairs, I could see them all on the couch.

I was gonna fucking kill Joey.

I made my way towards him, ignoring the calls from Dante and Megan.

"You are a fucking asshole." I yell pointing at him.

He quickly stands up, holding his hands in the air, "Easton, I swear, I didn't do anything."

"Tell me what the fuck you said to her!"

"I just wanted to know how she was doing! I didn't say anything else." He confessed backing away from me.

Fucking coward.