Bonus Chapter

One Week Before

One Week Before

Every day, the same thing over and over again. I have watched him get purely wasted to the point that he doesn't remember that she wasn't here anymore.

I watched the alcohol bottles line his bedroom, the cigarettes he wishes he never smoked, and the drugs he wished he never took.

He crumbled without her.

And everyone started losing faith in him, I saw it on his face, he didn't care.

He lost her and he was purely empty.

Yet months after the accident something changed, I watched as he rebuilt his shield. I watched him slowly lose all emotions in his eyes, I watched him become stone.

That's when he became violent.

Over the years of knowing him, I watched him torture men, but this was a new kind of violence.

He had nothing to lose now.

He put on a front and regained authority within his soldiers, not only did they fear him but with the fear came great respect.

I watched women worship his every move, his clubs they were all over him. Yet he sat there and didn't utter a single word to any of them, as there hands roamed his body.

"Please, you have to come back to me Ly, I need you." He begged.

He hadn't noticed that I was watching from the kitchen, yet his pleas were loud and clear, it was his breaking point.

That day something had changed in him, he stopped begging for her, he stopped uttering her name, he became so distant from the situation, as if it had never happened.

And now, he was cold.

We all lost something that day, I lost both of my best friends. Lyla was gone, and Easton was never the same, in turn, I had no one.

"For fuck sake, you will fucking die if someone came up to you with a gun, why the fuck have I even wasted time on you," I heard him yell at the new recruits.

They all looked terrified, and if I hadn't known him, I would be too.

From the other side of the room, I can see how powerful he feels. He takes the fear and drinks it, he knows that fear makes you vulnerable.

And here, vulnerability will kill you.

"I'm fucking done with this bullshit." I watched as he walked away, heading towards the door, which he slammed shut.

He had to cool off, even I knew not to bother him when he was in a mood.

I heard the echoed sound of Lily wandering around against the cement floors, she knew who she belonged to, and she had always followed him around.