Twenty-one

3 weeks prior

3 weeks prior

"When you figure out what the fuck you want Easton let me know, I can't fucking deal with the mood swings when I say a single fucking thing to you. You don't just grab people because you're in a fucking mood. You don't ignore people because you're in a mood. You need to learn how to treat someone nicely instead of taking your anger out on them. I'm staying at Megan's, don't bother coming in." I hear her say, my head hanging low. I hear the door slam shut and then she disappears.

I can feel my blood boiling, she's gone. I feel my body take control and I shift into drive and speed out of the city. I messed up.

She was important to me, and I let that all go because of my temper. She's made it clear that she wants nothing to do with me. The only light I had has now faded, leaving me in the dark.

When I pulled up to the gates of my house, I park my car and get out punching the window. I dent the car and the break the windows as anger spews out of my system. As I walk up the stairs I turn my head to see the gardeners staring at me.

"Leave," I yell before slamming the front door.

I threw the vase off the side of the table before destroying the rest of the living room, I was mad at myself. And the only thing I could think about to feel better was violently destroying anything that came in my path.

After hours of destroying anything in my way, I went into the basement. And I drank. I drank and drank until I could barley stand. I felt empty inside.

"Easton what the fuck happened upstairs," he says walking up to me.

"Sh... She le.." I slurred standing up and staggering over to Dante. "She..le..ft," I finally breath out putting a hand on Dante's shoulder as the world was spinning around me.

"Woah Easton, she's just a girl. Do you want me to call Brittany, I'm sure she'll be up for whatever you want to do." His words resonated in my mind.

I punch his in the face and yell, "why the.. fuck would I wa..nt that whore."

I watch as Dante backs up putting his hands in the air, "Okay I know you're drunk but this isn't a way to act Easton. It's not like you loved the girl, you need to chill the fuck out."

From then on, everything is a blank, when I wake up in the morning I'm in my bed with a pounding headache. I turn to see if Lyla is still sleeping, she's not in bed. Then the memories of last night hit me, she's gone.

Everyday was the same. I'd go to the warehouse, beat the shit out of someone, argue, kill someone, go home, drink, Dante or Joey would come over, then I'd wake up in bed without her. The second day I ended up smashing my phone, so work would leave me the fuck alone.

I was consumed by the darkness within me.

Dante would come over and tell me how Lyla was, like he was trying to torture me some more. I left him in charge at the warehouse with shipments, training, and anything else that needed a lot of attention.