Chapter 2

⚠️Cussing, talk of a past death, talk of divorce, Talk of 2020 & Trump bashing (Bc fuck him)⚠️

"Okay so... what are your pronouns so I don't misgender you," Jack asked as he moved so he could look at the person.

"He/him, you?" The boy replied as he subconsciously rubbed circles on the back of Jack's hand.

"Same as you," Jack replied as he looked down at their hands with a small smile.

"So what's your name?" The boy asked as he attempted to get his eyes to fully adjust to the light.

"Oh! My name is Jack Jane, Jane is my last name thanks to my moms." Jack replied not really thinking much about it.

"Moms? As I more than one?" The boy asked with a curious tone. He didn't seem grossed out he was just curious.

"Oh yeah, we call one of them mom and the other mum. They are married and had us after they got married so we got mum's last name." Jack replied as he started to stare off into space.

"Oh, okay. Anyway, my name is Aiden Kenith. Kenith is my father's last name so when he and my mother got married I got his last name as well. Then my parents got a divorce and I went to live with my mother. I wanted her last name but before she could get it legally changed she died in a car crash. So I got sent to live with my father and yeah..." Aiden trailed off after his rambling.

"Aww, I'm sorry to hear that," Jack said as he looked back at Aiden with sorrow-filled eyes.

"It's fine, I haven't seen him in a while now so I don't dwell on it," Aiden replied with a shrug but his un-shed tears told him a different story.

"Can I hug you?" Jack asked in hopes that a hug could help him in some way.

"Wh-? I mean yeah sure?" Aiden replied confused as to why he would want to hug him.

Jack nodded and set his phone down on the ground, the flashlight now facing up. He then moved so he was hugging the slightly taller boy.

Aiden didn't realize how touch starved after how long he had been in here so he wasn't expecting his body to melt into the embrace.

"You had said we earlier when you were talking about your moms, who is we?" Aiden asked as he wrapped his arms back around Jack.

"Oh, well I have a little sister named Jazzilyn and then a younger sibling named A.J., I'm used to grouping us all together by saying 'we' a lot so I guess it just slipped out," Jack replied before having a small tic, his neck going forward for a second as the low buzz rang in the back of his head.

"Oh that's cool, I'm an only child. Also are you okay?" Aiden asked referring to Jack's tics.

"Yeah, I'm fine, why?" Jack asked not knowing why Aiden had asked.

"You're twitching and I thought you might be nervous or something," Aiden replied as he pulled out of the hug, the phone flashlight blinding him slightly.

"Oh! No, I'm fine. They are motor tics and they cause me to twitch like that. They mostly come whenever I feel one emotion strongly, whenever there is a lot going through my brain, or just at random. If you see me twitching a lot and looking in pain then it is just what I call a tic attack and there isn't anything anyone can do for them." Jack replied with a shrug as his eyes wandered over to the door that Aiden said the monsters come through.

"That sounds terrible," Aiden said not really knowing what to say.

"Yeah well they can be terrible and are always annoying but there isn't anything I can do about it so I've learned to mostly suck it up," Jack said with a humorless chuckle.

Aiden didn't know what to say so he simply stayed quiet.

"Anyway, so how long do you think you have been down here?" Jack asked hoping to change the topic.

"No clue, I kind of lost track of the days. What year is it?" Aiden asked with a head tilt as Jack picked up his phone.

"Today is July 7th, 2021," Jack said after checking.

Aiden's eyes widened in disbelief. "The day I was taken was May 5th, 2019." He said not believing he had been there for almost three years.

Jack's eyes widened at the thought of himself being down here for that long.

"I'm seventeen and a half! What happened for the past two years?" Aiden asked instantly making Jack have flashbacks of 2020.

"A lot... Here, let me just show you a YouTube video that explains everything rather than trying to explain it all." Jack replied not wanting to miss anything.

*After they watched two, hour-long videos going over what 2020 was like*

"Wow... In all honesty, this place is probably nicer than all of that. I mean I never ran out of toilet paper, didn't get threats for World War three, I didn't have to deal with Trump that much, and I didn't have to worry about freezing or burning because the room is always a decent tempter." Aiden said as Jack turned YouTube off, hoping that it didn't drain his battery too much.

"Yeah, but you had to deal with literal monsters. Well, not that Trump wasn't one but still." Jack said making them both laugh.

"Yes well, my monsters don't talk and from what I know aren't homophobic, racist, transphobic, pro-rapidest, and sure as Hell aren't president," Aiden said getting a nod of agreement from Jack.

"Do you think I could call someone? So they could get us out of here?" Jack asked suddenly remembering that if YouTube worked then a phone call should too.

"You can try, It's worth a shot," Aiden replied getting a nod from Jack.

He then pulled up his mum's contact and pressed the call button.

It started to ring...

________________________________________

1,005 Words! I hope you all have an amazing day/night! Love you all!! Stay safe!!! 💖💖💖