ONE

Haseul was a coward.

She and Sooyoung had been friends for months now, and Haseul still couldn't work up the courage to tell Sooyoung how she felt. She had never been brave, and Sooyoung was...Sooyoung. There was no way she'd ever feel the same.

Jinsoul and Sooyoung happened to be on the same basketball team, which was very lucky for Haseul because she, as Jinsoul's best friend, was required to go and as a lesbian, was very excited to watch the unknown brunette run up and down the court. Sure, Jinsoul was pleasing to the eye too, but Haseul was too close with her. Haseul didn't believe she could ever be as close with someone as she is Jinsoul and still like them.

She wasn't going to do anything, obviously. She wasn't going to be another weird fangirl of Sooyoung's and try to get her number. She certainly wasn't going to do it when Jinsoul was there, because her best friend had quickly figured out why Haseul's eyes weren't on her and decided it was the funniest thing ever.

"Ha Sooyoung?" Jinsoul asked as she strolled over to the bleachers during a halftime, where Haseul was ready to hand her some water.

Haseul blushed. "Shut up,"

"I haven't talked to her much, but she seems cool. More the quiet type," Jinsoul commented, pushing her hair out of her face and leisurely taking a sip of her water. Haseul knew people stared at her best friend, but she wasn't among them. After watching a drunk Jinsoul throw up all over her lap on a taxi ride home, she'd say the sexual attraction she had to her friend was definitely zero. Even before that, Jinsoul was too messy and too loud. Maybe even a little ditzy, not that she didn't love Jinsoul with all her heart.

"Her?" Haseul asked with a furrowed brow, looking over to where Sooyoung was laughing along with some of the other teammates. Sweat made her hair stick to her face, and when she used her shirt to dry it Haseul caught a glimpse of her abs and-

"Hey. Eyes here," Jinsoul smirked. "You don't want me to tell her that you've got a thing for her, do you?"

"No!" Haseul hit her. "I don't have a thing for her, just..." Haseul spared her another glance.

"You remember the first thing you said when you saw her last game?" Jinsoul raised an eyebrow.

"Yes, Jinsoul please don't-"

"That girl looks like an angel," Jinsoul grinned. "And I was willing to ignore that for the sake of your dignity, but this..." She tapped her chin. "This is a full blown crush,"

"No," Haseul shook her head. "I don't know her. You know I can't get crushes on people I don't actually know. You find people hot all the time, it's the same thing. I've just happened to see her twice,"

Jinsoul narrowed her eyes. They both knew that Haseul was slow to develop feelings, and that she did have to know the person.

"Fine. I'll let it slide just this once cause I'm the best friend in the whole world," Jinsoul pinched her cheek.

"The best friend who needs some deodorant," Haseul coughed.

"Come on, we've got a few more minutes of halftime, I'll help you shoot goals,"

"I don't know about that-Jinsoul!"

Haseul groaned as she felt her friend pull her onto the court with only little while until the game started again. Jinsoul ran over and grabbed a ball, passing it to a very nervous Haseul.

"Throw it," Jinsoul told her. "At the hoop,"

"Yeah, I got that, dumbass, how hard can it be?" Haseul grumbled. She hesitantly through it towards the hoop, extending her arms and jumping a little like she had seen Jinsoul and Sooyoung do.