06: The Party

Birthday parties, highschool parties, college parties

Birthday parties, highschool parties, college parties. They all have different meanings in your social life. When you were a kid, all you wanted was to be invited to all the birthdays. Usually you are, but that only lasts until fifth grade. Once you hit sixth grade, everything becomes more exclusive. The wannabe popular click starts to form and usually those are the same ones who reign high school.

Then you have highschool fucking parties. Those are even more selective. You have the popular kids' party where all they do is drink, dance, and make-out. You also have the kids who just hang out, but nothing really extravagant happens at the party. And finally, you have the gamers and outcasts, who just really vibe with anyone.

So as I get ready for tonight and think about it, I realize I will be going to Jason's house. To party and mingle and act like a snobby bitch with the rest of them. I wonder how Diana does it.

I've never been one to be invited to many parties. Miles Colton Rivera has usually been invisible. Don't get me wrong, I'm Hispanic. Partying is in my blood. But when the music turns out to be some weird electronic shit or SIA over salsa or Daddy Yankee, I rather not go. Of course to keep up with my appearance, I go to the few parties I am invited to; I make sure to go and stay a while. Just make my presence known.

I grab my dark green sweatshirt that looks nice with black pants.

"How do I look?" I ask mami. Clarissa is in her room, and Alejandro left a while back to go to the movies.

"Guapo mi amor. Do a little turn."

"Yeah, no." I glance back at the mirror and fix my hair, running a hand through it. "I'll be back around twelve thirty. If I'm lucky, maybe earlier." I kiss my mom on the cheek.

"Drive safe and if you drink too much, call me and I'll pick you up. Okay mi amor?"

"I don't think I'll drink. Have to drive Diana back."

"Good. She sounds like a lovely girl." Mom comments as she continues to play some cookie game on her phone.

"She is." I bid my goodbye to her and Clarissa.

No pressure. I'm not nervous. Whoever said I'm nervous was probably passing their insecurities onto me.

I'm not nervous, have I mentioned it before?

The drive to her house takes a little more than I expected because of the traffic that came out of nowhere. I make sure to send her a text so she doesn't freak out and think aliens abducted me.

Wouldn't want her thinking that.

Holy Fuck. She looks so fucking gorgeous. The white dress clings extremely close to her body. I'm able to trace every single curve in her body. My hands could trace them if I was close enough to her. She looks like the devil. All white and innocent ready to commit the greatest sin.