07: Dirty pick-up lines

Flower:

Flower:

I'm not Rapunzel but I would still let you pull my hair.

Me:

Good morning to you too. I think that's the best one yet.

Flower:

I deserve a price, don't you think?

Me:

What did you have in mind?

Flower:

You sound like a good option.

Me:

I'm done.

Flower:

I'm kidding. I'll see you at school.

I don't respond to that message simply because I'm already running late. Miles has been doing that for the last four days. Ever since the party he found some weird site that gives him daily dirty pick up lines and every morning he sends me one. It's quite charming when you think about it. I almost died when I read the first one. Maggy, our helped was cleaning next to me, but thankfully I don't think she saw the message.

"Good morning." Maggy hands me some coffee and toast. She stays here when my parents are out of town, which is usually almost every week. She's been with us for so many years, ever since I was a little girl. I think of her as my mom.

"Your parents have the party on Sunday. Is your friend coming?"

"Yeah. Is this a new jam?" The sweet taste of sugar runs around my taste buds. It's absolutely delicious. 

"So happy you noticed. Yes. I made it." Maggy has amazing cooking skills. She's always mixing ingredients and coming up with amazing new dishes.

"I'll see you later today. I have some things to do after school." I tell her so she doesn't worry.

"No worries. Be careful, darling."

The drive to school is always boring even as I play music or listen to a podcast. I arrive at school a few minutes before the first bell so I use the time to catch up on the team's group chat. We have one with couch and another just for us, which is mainly for gossip.

I catch Miles getting out of his car from the corner of my eye. Another guy gets out of the passenger seat, I assume it's his brother. Miles isn't that bad once you get past the huge ego and his ability to disagree with me on literally everything. I feel bad for him. Jason is too mean to him. I don't get his problem.

When we were together, Jason was good. He was always so charming and full of life. The Jason I used to know would never make a comment like that. Don't get me started on Alyssa. She follows Jason around like a dog on a leash.

"Question, could you walk me to cooking class?" Miles is standing next to me as I tuck away my books in my locker.

"Why? You don't take that class."