16: Twitter scandals and fake promises

"Why do you care so much about what they think? How can you not notice?" He tells me and a flash of pain crosses his eyes

"Why do you care so much about what they think? How can you not notice?" He tells me and a flash of pain crosses his eyes. They soften for a second, almost turning into glass.

"Notice what?" It's a true question.

"Nothing." I was able to hear the frustration in his voice. "I need to leave and think before I do something or say something I regret." He kisses my cheek. "To keep up with appearances," he whispers in my ear and walks away. Somehow that makes me feel even worse.

I was really happy. I was in a silly happy mood. I woke up, had the best breakfast; scrambled eggs with bacon courtesy of Maggy plus I received a great dirty pick-up line from miles.

Miles:

Your voice isn't deep, but I'm sure your throat is. <3

Buenos Dias.

Me:

I'm speechless. Great way to start my morning : )

Miles:

I know. pick you up in forty pretty girl.

Miles picked me up, something about couples lasting more if they spent their mornings together. I of course proceeded to remind him this was all fake and to piss my mother off. Which made him remind me of our kiss.

That fucking kiss.

What's that word that miles always says?

Carajo. I don't know what it means, but he told me it was a curse word. So carajo, carajo, and another very big carajo.

I want to kiss him. I really do. His lips are always daring me. They look so soft and nice. At times, I feel like Miles wants this to be real, but then other times he reminds me how this is fake. Then again, I do the same. So what game are we really playing?

I don't know.

Miles walked me to my morning class and everything passed well. I did super amazing in an AP English test I had (even if I had been worried about it) and super doper good in a science presentation. Like I said life was great.

That was until lunch.

When I was younger, I used to hate going to lunch. I know most kids loved it, you know with the whole free period, food, and playing around. But I used to hate it. I've always enjoyed learning or maybe it was the fact that I enjoyed learning and excelling so my mother would notice me. Either way, I was always bored during lunch and a part of me felt paranoid that somehow my mother knew I was wasting my time.

I usually sit at the same table. My fellow cheerleading friends and some guys of the football team which include Alyssa and Jason and lately Miles was sitting with us too.

"You know what I find funny." The whole table was silent as Alyssa spoke. All eyes, ears, and anything else was on her, just like she liked it. "Miles and Diana have been dating for quite a while now, but I've never seen them kiss."