15: your lips on mine plus coquito

"Does this scream too slutty to meet the family or perfect to meet my fake in-laws? Is that even the correct term?" I ask Nia who is on the other line via FaceTime

"Totally perfect to meet the family." I look at the blue and white flower pattern in my dress. The straps hang a little loosely on my shoulders, yet my boobs are completely protected. Not the I have much to show either way. The dress clings close to my torso, yet flows loosely down until my ankles.

"There a Hispanic family. I feel like I'm definitely going to be judged. Miles told me, his sister once visited their grandma in ripped jeans and she called her a puta. You know what a puta is?" I'm totally series, yet Nia feels the need to laugh. "A hoe, Nia! A hoe!" I whisper yell.

"Don't be ridiculous. You look pretty. Besides, why are you so nervous? This is all fake remember?" There's a hint of mischief as she speaks, but I choose to ignore her. I know what she's implying.

"I know. I still want to make a good impression, you know?" I lie.

"Aha. When you're ready to tell me the truth, I'll be here, okay?"

"Shut up. Now hair?" I change the subject.

"Put on the light blue headband of yours. It matches perfectly."

"I totally forgot about that." I search in one of my drawers until I find it. Nia fills me in about the cute boy she hung out with at the ice cream parlor. I think she's a little insecure with him and what he wants, but I advise her communication is key.

I move the phone to my vanity and grab my makeup bag. Meanwhile, Nia and I talk about anything and everything. We can't believe how fast senior year has gone by, and soon enough we'll be performing our last cheerleading routine altogether.

I quickly do my eyelashes, add some concealer, and fix my eyebrows before coating my lips with the softest shade of pink I could find. I finish my look by adding a glittery clear lip gloss to add a bit of glow.

"Okay, babe. I see you! Looking hot." I love how Nia constantly hypes me up. I do the same any chance I get. With that gorgeous dark skin of hers and beautiful brown eyes that can almost pass as dark greens, she could bat her eyelashes and have any guy or girl at her mercy.

Nia's been a little hesitant with her whole sexuality. I think that's why she's also a bit insecure with the guy. She is scared of what others will think of her and what her parents will do. I remind her that no matter what, I'll be by her side.

We bid our goodbyes. I drive off to Miles's house, using the address he sent me the other time I went. He wanted to pick me up, but I didn't want him missing any time with his family.

I knock on the front door. I know I haven't mistaken the house as I hear one of Marc Anthony's songs blasting through the house.

That's definitely Miles's doing.