11: Devil's house

Fuck my life

Fuck my life. I can't believe this is happening. Diana has the audacity to call me at six in the morning just to tell me I have to accompany her to some stupid "get-together" at Alyssa's house. What even is that name? 'get together'

The worse part is that it's at Alyssa's house. I hate her and her house. Have I mentioned it is at Alyssa's house?

Why she's invited us, is beyond my understanding. Alyssa hates Diana. Diana hates Alyssa. And I hate anyone Diana hates. Easy, I know.

I wanted to kill her when my phone started ringing. Alejandro did also. The loud 'tu tu to tu tu to' blasted against my ears. My body was still stiff from my good sleep. No one in my family is a morning person. Alejandro can be one when he wants to be and on a very rare occasion, Clarissa can be too. Mami only wakes up early because she would lose her job if she isn't there by eight some days. Diana's excuse for calling so early is that she tries to work out during the weekends early in the morning. Supposedly it helps you feel better about yourself. I feel fine waking up around nine. I drink some coffee and make some breakfast and I feel so fucking good. And that's without a workout.

Take that Diana.

But waking up at the fucking crack of dawn is like the ultimate psychotic thing. Then again, Diana is pretty annoying... and psychotic at times. But she's the cute kind of psychotic. Like the way, she stresses over a test. Cute psychotic.

Don't tell her I said that.

I hung up as quickly as possible not letting the words really sink in. I hadn't really thought about the meaning behind 'going to Allysa's house'. You see, going there meant seeing Jason. Going there meant acting like a real couple with Diana, something I didn't mind. I actually really enjoyed it, more than I should. It was all fake after all. But there was a sense of comfort. The feeling had been there all those years ago when we used to play around together. Back when my padre was around. Going to Alyssa's house meant having to put my white boy face on, and act as if I actually enjoyed being there.

It wasn't until noon that my brain actually caught up with the meaning behind Diana's six o'clock phone call. I was going to the devils' house. I have something with walls because as soon as the realization hit my head I walked right into one.

"Fuck my life" I groan. The pain shoots up from my forehead all the way to my feet. It rocks my body completed leaving me dazed for a few seconds.

I spent the rest of the day ignoring the annoying fact that I had to see Jason and Alyssa. I cached up with some work and finished the final details for a project I had. I also started our cooking report for the project. It had to revolve around our dish, so writing it up was easy. I knew everything there was about coquito and tembleque.

"Is Diana coming here?" Clarissa pocked her head through my door and asked. I grabbed a shirt from my closet and put it on, ignoring her in the process. I needed to focus my positive energy on something positive.