Chapter Twenty-Six: "Taking Back The Castle"

Visons of Riptide's massive jaws of sharp teeth snapped inches from Mark's face, prompting him to jerk upright. His arms rose to defend himself, accidently punching a merman in the face that had been too close to him. Merfolk rushed in to push him back down and Mark thrashed his tail to keep them back. He barely processed where he was. His mind was swimming with thoughts of Riptide chasing him through the sunken shipyard. His Hippocampus had been fast enough to stay ahead of Riptide and had cut tighter turns than Riptide could. Allowing them to keep away, but Riptide was not dumb and had tried cutting them off since he knew the sunken shipyard better. He remembered his hippocampus making a sharp turn to avoid Riptide's teeth, but his shoulder had gotten hit and began to bleed. Sending riptide into a frenzy. He recalled falling off the Hippocampus and Riptide coming for him. He even remembered his Hippocampus rushing in to punch Riptide in the eye with its seahorse tail.

After that, everything was hazy. Bits and pieces. The sight of his mother calmed him down. She waved people back and hugged him as she said. "Oh, Mark! I've been so worried! Where have you been?!" Mark hugged her back, then gasped. He didn't have time to waste! Patting his mom's back to coax her into releasing him, he slid off the sponge bed and rushed out. "The king! I have to see him!" His mom tried to grab his arm but missed and yelled out after him. "Mark! Get back here! You are in no condition to be moving around!" Favoring his arm, he swam out the cave entrance. People tried to take his arms in order to carefully to take him back, but Mark shoved them aside with his good arm. Swimming as fast as he could, he turned down a hallway to head down the grand hall of the palace. He was barely focused on where he was going. He was in pain, but he fought through it. Nate needed him. Bumping into someone, Mark snapped out. "Out of my way! I need to see the king!" The person before him folded his arms, answering casually. "What a coincidence. I was just coming to see you."

Mark swallowed, slowly looking up more to meet Triton's eyes. Quickly bowing his head, he told him respectfully. "My apologies, Highness. I thought you were-" Triton lifted his chin, cutting Mark off as he stared into his eyes and demanded in a worried voice. "Where is my son?!" Triton dropped his hand and Mark answered prompting. "The Seaside Castle. But before you go there. You need to know a few things. So, I'll try to make this quick." Triton nodded, hugging himself as Mark started from the moment Ursel made the deal with Nathan.

Back on the Jolly Rodger, Nathan was tied and gaged to the mast. Left to watch as the crew bustled around him. Hook was barking orders to get the ship moving and to get cannons loaded. Hook didn't expect a fight, but he was not going to be unprepared for one. Nathan muffled his soft groans of pain. He was tied standing upright, and his legs were protesting. More cuts were opening along his legs and bleeding with every passing minute. Smee followed Hook around, always standing just behind him and informing Hook quickly of things he'd forgotten or things he should know. Smee seemed to have all the information on the crew and who worked better with who. When preparations were done, Hook passed by him, glaring at him with merciless eyes. Going up to the helm, Hook stood strong beside it and spun it with his good hand as he yelled out to the crew on deck. "To arms, Lads! Tonight, we take back the castle!" The crew cheered and raised their swords in unison. Nathan struggled against his bonds, the rope burning against his wrists.

He missed his sharp nails. The leather sails above him caught the wind, causing the ship to surge forward and Nathan inhaled deeply to calm himself down. He didn't want Sean to get hurt, but there was no reasoning with Hook. Looking up at the dark sky. Time was slipping away from him. He hoped Mark was alright and that Sean was getting far from Hook's wraith. The Jolly Rodger crashed through the waves, drawing closer to the castle and Hook made sure the ship was positioned well enough to fire the cannons directly at it. Nate held his breath, watching as the ship crept through the water around the castle. From nearby, Smee asked Hook. "Shall we anchor here and go in from the front? They have white flags posted." Hook's eyes were on the castle as he ordered in a cold voice. "Boarding party! Go!" A group of ten men rushed over the side of the ship into the small boats, then pulled down a lever to drop into the water with loud cheers. Hook didn't stop the ship though. Smee straightened up from the railing, asking Hook nervously. "Captain...?"