17-The Kitten

~Tobias~

~Tobias~

Staring down at the list written by Imogen, I bite my lip to stop from bursting out in a smile.

The list wasn't long, but it wasn't exactly as I expected it read:

Clothes
A hairbrush
Books
Feminine items (I'll admit it took me a second to work out what she meant by that and then in made me feel bad for not thinking of it on my own)
Socks
Chocolate
A kitten

The last addition to the list makes me chuckle, I guess I did ask her for everything she's ever wanted. I just wasn't expecting a kitten to be in heart's desires.

Now I understand why Imogen made me swear not to open her list until I'd arrived in town. It's almost too adorable for my heart to bear? All I want to do now is tell her what I've discovered, but I don't want to overwhelm her yet, she needs some time to heal after Blake first.

And if a kitten will help her heal faster then that's what I'll get her. It's unusual though, I have to say I would have expected something else for her final addition to the list.

Because of our Wolves, we are not too keen on cats purely because it's a different animal in the home and they see it as a threat. But then again, I'm not even sure that if Imogen even has a wolf, I know she can't shift so maybe she just doesn't have one. I can't even smell a wolf on her beyond me which unnerves my wolf slightly.

Sighing, I push the list into my pocket and head to a clothes shop for Imogen. Now, I can't go crazy buying things today, but I have enough money saved to treat her just a little. After buying her some warm clothes as well as a few pairs of underwear, which was a little awkward because I don't know her sizes so I had to guess, I head over to a bookshop.

I ask for a few recommended reads from the owner and buy a few. I hope it will help Imogen become less bored trapped in the cabin, I don't want to risk anyone catching her scent. At the moment, she's been reading a few of my old books, sleeping and following me around.

Maybe giving her something else to keep her occupied might just shoot me in the foot, I like having her close to me. I like her being clingy.

Just as I'm about to leave, I've already been in town for easily four hours, I realise I've forgotten something from her list. Sighing, I get back out of the car and look at the map of town to see if there's an animal shelter or pet shop here that will have a kitten for me.

Luckily, they have both a pet shop and an animal shelter so I choose the animal shelter. I would rather get a pet from there than a pet shop, they need homes the most.