Alternate ending (1)

I dodged Signora's blow, although it grazed me on the arm. Childe held my arm to make sure it was okay.

"Police here! We have you surrounded, give up!" Policemen stormed into the room. I grabbed Childe's hand and pulled him outside. Kazuha was waiting with a worried look on his face. But I didn't embrace him. I just couldn't.

"Do you really love me?" I asked the blue eyed guy beside me. Childe nodded but then turned towards the window.

"Ojou chan, I've killed many people. I don't deserve you."

"You know what Kazuha told me? Its the shadows that make the world beautiful."

"Ojou chan-"

"Childe. Don't you want a second chance to live?"

"I do but-"

"Then go out with me."

"Lumine . . ."

It was at that moment that we kissed. Passionately, intertwined exactly how we should be. I apologized to Kazuha who forgave me as if it was nothing. Maybe he'd just gone out with me because of pity as he was so kind.

Kazuha POV:

I was shocked by this, but well, I always knew I had it coming. One day, she'd leave me for Childe. I knew it. I just hoped they would be happy, no matter what. For who was I to come in between them? I was just a nobody and maybe that was why God had been so cruel.

The wind blows gently,
The maple leaves sway,
Heart of the wanderer,
Door to the soul,
Always restless,
Always sorrowful,
Never stopping wandering,
Never stopping running away.

The burns on my hand didn't even hurt as much as my heart today, but there was always a reason for everything. The only thing a lone samurai can do is keep searching and finding answers.

Five year timeskip:

Lumine POV:

It had been five years. I'd never seen Kazuha again after that day, mostly because I'd resigned from the student council. After that, I learnt he'd returned to his home country, Japan. I'd broken so many hearts and been broken as well. To be honest, it was hard to regret anything, especially because of my blissful present that I had created due to those choices.

Childe leaned in towards me and planted a kiss on my cheek. I giggled and elbowed him lightly.

"Woah woah, ojou chan. You'll hurt my delicate self." Childe grinned. I chuckled and leaned in for a kiss. He placed his lips on top of mine and refused to break away. I kissed back, and we withdrew slowly. His blue eyes looking into mine, and his hand within my reach. That was all I wanted.

Forever, ever.

Finally, my small wish came true.

-f i n- (2)