Chapter 22: Their Hunt (2)

"Where could you be now, Lumine?" his voice, the one I'd used to love and been rejected by, sounded in my ears, frighteningly dark. Was he doing this because I'd left him? But why would he resort to killing? Had he been forced?

"You can run all you want, but you can't hide." his voice was now chillingly close. Tears threatened to spill out of my eyes as I watched him turn over the bed, revealing me, crouching beneath it. I screamed and tried to run, but he blocked me with his arm.

"Please stop." I begged pathetically for my life.

"And why must I? I've been wronged by you, right?"

"I admit I'm a coward and I shouldn't have done that. But killing me is-"

"I've been asked to all along."

"Then was that between us all a lie?"

"Maybe it was." a dark chuckle escaped his lips. The distance between us was very close. Before I'd have said very happily that I liked this. But now, it was nothing short of a nightmare.

"I used to love you. But now, all I can do is end you." he whispered in my ear. It was only minutes later that his lips were placed on mine, and he enveloped me in a passionate kiss. Tears streamed down my eyes. This wasn't Kazuha. This wasn't who I loved. This man was Childe. A cold blooded killer. A total psychopath.

"Stop it!" I cried as I tried to make him let go of me, but his grip was too strong for me to break away from. His knife pressed closer to my throat, but before he could do the deed, he slowly gasped and gagged his throat, turning away from me.

"I- what- SIGNORA!" he screamed. It was as if all he'd been doing till now was an act. Tears spilled down his eyes as he looked at me. "Ojou chan, I'm sorry. She used some sort of drug on me. Everything that I said was true, but . . ." he paused. "Nothing between us was a lie, ojouchan. You can hate me all you want. I'll happily accept it, if its from you. I'd gladly drink even poison, if its from your hands. But someone like me is undeserving of you."

"You truly have gone soft, you rat." the silver haired woman chuckled. She must be Signora. She held a club in her hand, with spikes on it. It was a pretty lethal weapon. Childe charged towards her, but used the second he moved away from me to move closer to me, club raised. Childe dashed towards me, and stepped in between. Getting his head bashed by the club. He coughed as he lay in a pool of his own blood.

"CHILDE!" I half screamed as Signora's laugh sounded in my ears.

Please just tell me this is all a nightmare.

"Police here! We have you surrounded! Give up!" I heard a pair of voices yell. I dashed outside the room, and fell into the arms of Kazuha, standing outside with the police. He stroked my hair and checked me for wounds. I sobbed into his chest, happy to be with him again. Happy to be safe. The police handcuffed Signora.

"How?" I asked weakly. Kazuha smiled as he wiped away my tears and hugged me tighter. His eyes however, were dark and sick by the sight of the corpse that lay in front of him. He was putting up a brave front for me. He planted a kiss on my lips, and proceeded to explain.

"It was pure luck, Lumine. You had Hu Tao san's phone with you, which you took instead of your own. If you check, its in your jacket pocket. Chongyun san had a tracker on her phone." Kazuha explained. I reached into my pocket and found the phone.

"Kazuha h-he's dead. Everyone dies because of me." I clutched my head. Kazuha held me tightly and whispered gently,"Shh. I'm here now."