Chapter 1

*** Kion's POV ***

Dust. All I could see, was dust. I was laying on the ground in a small pool of blood. I tried to stand up, but every move I made, hurt.

"Kion..." someone said. I recognized the voice immediately: it was my sister's. I couldn't see where she was.

"Kiara?" I replied softly. It took a lot of effort for me to speak. I felt extremely weak.

"Kion..." I heard again. But her voice began to fade away. Then, everything slowly went black.

I passed out.

-----------

I woke up from my nightmare and started breathing heavily. I looked around and found myself between mom's forelegs in the royal den. I also saw Kiara sleeping against Simba's pelt, which made me relieved.

It was still night. I accidentally woke up my mom, probably because of my loud breathing.

"Sssh, it's alright. I'm here." she said before nuzzling me.

When I realized it was just a nightmare, I calmed down and my breathing went back to normal. "Sorry for waking you." I said.

"It's okay. Same dream again?" she asked.

"Yeah."

"Don't worry, you're safe here."

"Thanks mom."

"Now, go back to sleep."

I rested my head on Nala's foreleg, before I got back to sleep.

-------------

When I woke up from the night, I found that everyone else was already awake. I could see my parents talking outside the den, but I couldn't find Tiifu and Zuri. They're probably out playing. I thought. My sister was laying next to me.

"Good morning. You look well rested." Kiara said.

"Oh, hey Kiara! Well, I still got the same nightmare last night, but at least I got to sleep in." I replied.

"Lucky you! I wouldn't get used to it if I were you. You're almost fully healed to be a part of the Lion Guard again." she teased.

"What do you mean, lucky me? You're already fully healed days ago! Besides, shouldn't you have some queen lessons or something?"

Kiara raised her eyebrow. "Did you forget? It has been three days, we need to see Rafiki again."

"Oh yeah, right."

"Speaking of, how is your leg?"

I tried to stand up and to my surprise, I didn't feel any pain at all. I then started walking a bit and noticed my hind left leg was still a bit sore.

"Way better!" I said with excitement. "It only hurts a little bit when I walk."

"That's great!" Kiara replied. She also got up and stood next to me.

"I bet this is gonna be the last time we'll have to see Rafiki." I said.

"I sure hope so!"

"Kion?" my dad said.

I walked to my parents outside the den.

"Are you ready to see Rafiki?" Simba asked.

"Yep! Just like Kiara." I replied.

"Alright, let's take you to his tree." Nala said before laying down, wanting me to climb up on her back.

Normally I would be carried to Rafiki because of my injuries, but I felt like I could do this on my own.