Chapter 2

*** Janja's POV ***

"Janja, I'm hungry!" Cheezi whined.

"Me too." Chungu added.

"Stop whining! If it weren't for you two fur brains, we could have taken a whole herd of zebras by now! And Kion isn't even in the Lion Guard anymore!"

"But Janja, the Lion Guard still beat us without Kion!" Cheezi said.

"I know that! Let me think." I responded, as I started pacing. After some thinking, I came up with a plan. "Yeah, that's it! As long as Kion isn't on the team, we won't be blown away. I got it! Alright boys, listen up." I walked up to my clan before explaining the plan.

"Since the Guard doesn't have the Roar with them, we could stick in the Pride Lands. All we need to do is keep returning to make them tired, so they can't chase us anymore!" I said, before laughing hard evilly.

-----------------

As we made our way to the Pride Lands, we noticed the antelope herd grazing the grass peacefully. We hid behind some bushes and the Lion Guard were nowhere to be seen.

"Okay," I began whispering, "when I count to three, we all attack the antelopes. Got it?"

"Uh, at what count do we attack?" Chungu asked.

"At three!" I responded.

"Three? Attack!" Cheezi said before he took off running towards the antelope herd. Chungu followed.

"No! Fur brains!" I yelled annoyed, face palming. I had no choice but also take off to join my clan, since there's no going back now.

*** 3rd person POV ***

The antelopes noticed the hyenas from a good distance and started running away, causing a stampede. It took some time and effort for the hyenas to catch up, but eventually they were in the middle of the stampede separated from each other. As Chungu was about to attack an antelope, he heard a call.

"Twende Kiboko!"

Besthe stood in Chungu's way and bumped right onto the hippo's side, making the hyena fall onto the ground.

Meanwhile Cheezi was still running in the stampede, but then got distracted by a white bird flying right in front of him.

"Zuka Zama!" he heard. Bunga bumped into the hyena, making Chungu lose his balance and fall on the ground as well.

Fuli was trying to calm down the herd while Janja was still in the middle of the stampede. It took a moment or two for Janja to realize what happened to his clan, and then was pounced by Kion, who growled at the hyena underneath him angrily.

"Kion! What good to finally see you again. Weren't you on a break or something?" he asked very nervously, knowing way too well the lion wasn't happy.

"Don't you worry about that, Janja, because I'm back! And you need to leave!"

"Alright alright, we're going we're going!"

*** Kion's POV ***

I got off of Janja so he could regroup with his clan to run towards the Outlands.

"Lion Guard, follow them!" I said.

Me and the Guard were still chasing the hyenas, making sure they really go back to the Outlands. Finally, we all arrived at the border. Janja and his clan made their way down the wall of the Pride Lands which leads directly to the Outlands.

"And stay out!" Bunga screamed as the hyenas were still running.

"That was a lot easier than last time!" Fuli added.