Chapter 6

*** Fuli's POV ***

After a long night of sleep, I was ready for morning patrol. I usually never sleep early, but yesterday was really exhausting. I surely hope Janja won't cause any chaos today.

I walked into the lair where I found the rest of the Guard already waiting for me.

"Hey guys! Ready for morning patrol?" I asked.

"Yep, sure am." Ono replied.

"Do we have to?" Bunga asked.

"What do you mean? I thought you loved going on patrol." I said.

"Not when Janja just keeps going back! Without Kion and his Roar, he won't give up." the honey badger replied.

"It's true. The hyenas kept us busy the whole day." Besthe added.

"Come on, guys! The Pride Lands need us and without Kion, we just have to work harder. We can't get demotivated and let the animals down." I said.

"I agree. Kion would do the same." the egret said.

"Good! So, is everyone with me?"

I saw everyone nodding. "That's what I like to see. Let's go!"

With that, me and the Guard were on our way to do morning patrol.

-------------

It wasn't too long before we heard a loud hyena laugh.

"Ono?" I asked.

Ono flew in the air and looked into the direction of the laugh. "Hapana! Janja, Cheezi and Chungu are heading towards the antelope herd!"

"We have to get there fast! 'Till the Pride Lands end..." I began.

"LION GUARD DEFEND!" the rest finished.

We ran towards the hyenas. I made sure I wasn't going too fast, so my friends could keep up with me. Once we got there, the hyenas were already in the middle of the herd. I knew we had to be fast.

"Besthe, Bunga! You take on Cheezi and Chungu. Ono, you're with me."

"You got it, Fuli!" Besthe replied. Both Besthe and Bunga were heading to the two hyenas.

Ono and I now had to take care of Janja. We both spotted him in the middle of the herd and Ono flew right above him and poked his head to distract him. That's when I took my change. I gave Janja a strong head bump which made him fall all the way out of the herd.

Not long after, Besthe bumped both Cheezi and Chungu into the air and they landed right on top of Janja. The hyenas were grunting.

"Had enough already?" I asked.

"Ugh! Come on, fellas! We..." Janja said. But then he got distracted as he looked stunned in the air.

I looked behind me in the air and noticed three vultures flying above the Pride Lands. "That's strange..." I said.

Ono noticed the vultures as well. "Oh no. They're heading towards Ndefu Grove!"

"Ndefu Grove?" I replied. "That's where the galagos live!"

Janja laughed. "What are you gonna do now? You can't be at two places at the same time!"

I growled. I need to come up with a plan, fast. "We have to split up. Ono, Bunga, you go after the vultures. Besthe, you're with me."

"We're on it!" Bunga replied. He and Ono were heading to Ndefu Grove while Besthe and I were ready to take on the hyenas.

The hyenas got up, ready to fight.