Chapter 7

*** Janja's POV ***

As soon as me and the boys fled back to our home, we saw Mzingo and two other vultures flying above us heading towards their home, with what looks like a small mammal in Mzingo's claws? No, this can't be. After all the work we put in to take down some prey, they magically manage to get away with an animal?

Angriness builded up in my body. I told the fur brains to stay and then I headed towards the vultures. When I arrived, they were already eating the leftovers of what seems to be a galago.

"Hey Mzingo!" I called. "You never told me you were going to the Pride Lands as well! This wasn't part of the plan!"

Mzingo got the last tiny bit of the galago before responding. "Neither was failing to get prey. Even with good intel, you couldn't handle the Lion Guard."

"Obviously it isn't good intel if the Lion Guard still beats us!"

"Look Janja, I did my part of the deal, you didn't. So we took our chances and searched for some prey by ourselves while the Guard was with you. You can't blame us for your own mistakes."

I growled. "That's not fair! So you're just gonna search for prey every time the Guard is dealing with us?"

"Exactly."

"Well then... then... then we're not going back to the Pride Lands!" I replied. I already knew it didn't make sense what I said, but I don't want to give Mzingo and his vultures the satisfaction of getting some prey, while leaving the hyenas with nothing.

"Don't be silly, Janja. The Guard split up, remember? They're way weaker if they're divided. In fact, you should be thanking us. Maybe next time, you'll handle two of the Guard members to take them down."

"There won't be a next time! I never should have trusted you." I turned around and started heading back to my territory.

"You're making a big mistake, Janja!" Mzingo yelled.

Oh we'll see about that. I haven't forgotten about Kion's weakness. Once he's back in the Lion Guard... He won't know what will come!

-----------

*** Simba's POV ***

A few days have passed since I took over the lead of the Lion Guard. Luckily, no Outlanders have been trespassing the Pride Lands ever since. I'm not sure why. Maybe they're too afraid to try once they saw that I joined the Guard. Whatever reason it might be, the Pride Lands have been a lot safer since then.

My son on the other paw, isn't doing so well. He even went to Rafiki yesterday without much progress. He seems more depressed. Not being allowed to join the Lion Guard for a while, affected him very much. That's why Rafiki gave Nala and me some ideas on how to cheer up Kion. I definitely need to try them out soon.

The Guard and I were almost done with patrolling, but I didn't want them to leave just yet.

"Well done everyone, another successful day." I complimented.

"It sure is easier without the Outlanders." Fuli commented.

"I agree. Without them, we can actually focus on our duties other than chasing away the hyenas." Ono noted.

I chuckled.

"How is Kion doing, your majesty? I haven't seen him in a while." Besthe asked.

Normally Kion would go to the watering hole to catch up with the Guard, but he hasn't shown up for the last few days. "I'm glad you ask. He seems a little... demotivated. In fact, I think it might be good for Kion to see his friends again. Would you like to stop by at Pride Rock?" I asked, looking at everyone.