Chapter 8

*** Kion's POV ***

I became tired from all that running. I decided to walk from here while catching my breath. I looked behind me: Pride Rock was nowhere to be seen. That really shows how far I've gone.

I looked at my surroundings. There weren't any animals, trees or grass. Just solid ground. For the first time in my life, I have to worry about survival. I need food and water if I want to continue my journey to who knows where. And just as I thought I had plenty of time left, the sun started to set. I sighed.

I decided to keep going just a little longer before calling it a night. Maybe I can still find something today. But unfortunately, all I found was more solid ground as the sun was now fully set.

I let myself collapse on the ground on my back. I looked at the stars above me. I knew that Mufasa was watching me and it made me feel guilty.

"I'm sorry, grandfather. Please don't be mad..."

No response. I turned to my side and tried to get some sleep.

-------------

I found myself laying on my side on the ground. It was very dusty: I barely could see anything. I tried to stand up, but I couldn't move. Then I noticed a red liquid spreading on the ground around my body. Am I... Am I lying in my own blood? Oh no... I'm in the gorge! No, not again!

I heard paw steps in the distance. I wanted to turn my head so I could see who was coming, but I couldn't. I couldn't do anything.

"Kion..." I heard. I expected to hear my sister's voice, but it wasn't. It was my dad's!

"D-Dad...?" I replied softly.

The paw steps were coming closer. Then I saw my father's legs right in front of me. I looked up the best I could with my eyes, since I can't even move my head. He looked very disappointed and angry.

"Kion. You left us."

My heart skipped a beat when I heard my dad's words. I knew exactly what he meant. "I-I'm sorry! I didn't mean to!" I tried to speak louder, but I was too weak to do so.

More paw steps were coming closer. Then my mom appeared and stood next to my dad. She looked very sad, as if she was heart broken.

"How could you do this to us?" she asked.

Tears were falling down my cheeks. "I didn't mean to hurt you! I'm so sorry!" I did everything in my power to move, but still couldn't. "Please... Help me."

"Help you?" Kiara came to sight and stood right next to my mother. "Why would we help you after you abandoned us?"

I continued to cry as I looked at my family, who were watching me with disgrace.

"Help yourself out." my father said. He then turned around and walked away from me.

"No, please, don't go!" I begged.

Nala and Kiara also turned their backs on me and left.

"Wait! Please, I need you!"

No one replied. I watched them disappear in the dust, while I'm still laying on the ground, crying in my own pool of blood, not being able to move.

-------------

I screamed as I woke up from my nightmare. I immediately stood up to see if I could move. Fortunately, I could. I then examined my body and the ground. There wasn't any blood. I let out a deep sigh.

I realized it was just a nightmare, but that didn't make me feel any better. I knew I left my family behind and I hurt them doing so.

"I'm so sorry..."