Chapter 2: The Sandlot gang

The heroes have been enjoying their vacation on this world so far. Two weeks later, they arrive at Scotty's home. Yesterday, he told them that he followed some boys to an old baseball field after school. He decided to go there to try and make some more friends. Sora and his friends brought some baseballs gloves at the store, just in case. He comes out of his home with a baseball mitt and fishing cap. He puts it on. 

Scotty: Follow me, guys.

They all follow Scotty as he runs through the neighborhood. They run through the town, and run pass Vincent's drug store. After that, they make it to the field. They climb through a hole in the fence, and look at the baseball field. It's old, but it's an amazing place for kids to play at. They see eight boys playing baseball. The boy that Scotty saw on the day he moved in is with them. He's hitting the base on the field, for the other boys to catch, and throw at each other. They do it over, and over again. The boys were very good at playing. Scotty keeps low a little as the heroes follow him. They walk in front of another fence with a yard that has a tree house, and they come across another fence that's all green, and has some wood in the middle. Old junk and an old car is in front of the fence. 

Old Scotty narrating: I'd followed them to the Sandlot once after school. I'd never seen anyplace like it. It was like their own little baseball kingdom or something. It was the greatest place I'd ever seen anyway. But they were good, real good. And all I had was a plastic toy mitt that my grandmother gave me for my birthday when I was six. I've decided to bring Sora and his friends with me, to help me out. But when I finally got up enough guts to go out there and try and make more friends, I found out that they never keep score, they never chose sides, they never even really stopped playing the game. It just went on forever. Every day they picked up where they left off the day before. It was like an endless dream game. There was only eight of them, so they didn't have a whole team. So even though me and some of the others didn't know how to play, I figured I could be the ninth man, and maybe just stand in the outfield somewhere and take up space. And Sora and some of his friends could make extra players just in case. Of course, if we'd have known what was gonna happen when we got there, I probably never would've gone. 

Sora and his friends watch the boys as Scotty just waits for something to happen. The boys continue playing catch. Just then, they all hear rustling behind them. They all turn around as they hear a dog snarling. They all look at the green fence, something is banging on it, making a clattering noise. The snarling continues from behind the fence. The heroes and Scotty have uneasy and confuse looks on their faces as they look at the fence. 

Riku: What is that? 

Goofy: Gosh, it sounds like a dog. 

Kai: That was not a dog. 

Coco: Yeah. It almost sounded like a lion. 

Weiss: Who would keep a lion in their backyard? 

Momo: No, some dogs just sound like that. I should know. I had a dog like that. 

Boy: Watch out! 

They all turn around as the boys are shouting at them. Scotty looks up, and sees a ball coming down on him. Sora and Jaune look up, and see it too. They both run to catch it.

Sora: I got it!

Jaune: No, wait, I got it!

Sora: Jaune, I got it! 

Scotty screams as he shields himself as the two boys knock into him, and they all fall down on the ground as the ball lands on the ground too, bouncing away to the fence. The boys all laugh at them, except for the boy with the bat. 

Donald: Ohh, a hard bump into each other. That had to hurt. And the catch was brown. 

Toji: Shut up, Donald.